Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1.65 x R4's for sale

HowardV

Enthusiast
Sadly owing to lack of time and space I would like to dispose of my remaining R4 interest.

1985 'C' reg R4 GTL (front discs) mid blue colour 50000 miles.
Has been on my drive for 10 years. Engine turns over with battery OK but does not fire. Needs tlc and at least 4 new tyres. Needs new rear window but I have a spare - see below.

I've also got most of a 1980 GTL. Engine, doors, wings (dark blue), glass, seats, starter, gearbox, wheels, dashboard, trim etc, etc. This one had failed it's MOT because of body rust.

All located in South West London.

Ideally I would like someone to take it all away and offer me £250 in return. Any takers?:cool:

any pics of the GTL?
any idea on the chassis condition
luckily im 20 mins away so i could come and have a look

parts

Howard, i need rust-free offside panels: both doors & both wings, & bumpers, if you're interested...whats the condition of the engine? ....i'm in Leatherhead....Ade

hello howard its michael

hello howard long time since we spoke and what a coinsidance, do you remember last year in the 13 of augaust i picked up xkx 731j your old white 1971 f4 ? well just to let you know its been fully restored including a full engine re build and a new cylinder head as the old one was cracked.
it also passed its mot on monday with no problems at all. and i intend to be using it very soon, if you like i can post you some pics of its 'face lift' every thing is standard and no extras. and i hope to take it to the next renault 4 rally day, anyway whats made you decide to sell the old gtl as i thought you were going to put it back on the road ?
send me some pics as i might be interesed in a light restoration

oh and by the way was the van used in france in 88 and 89 only i dont understand the highway stickers in the screen and any idea why it didnt get registered as tax free at the time ?

best regards michael

Dear Michael,
Glad you got it going, I'm rea
lly pleased - and I'd love to see some pictures.
The small stickers on the windscreen are Swiss Motorway tax stickers. Everyone (including the Swiss) needs this to travel legally on their motorway network. They are valid for a year and used to cost about £30. I took the van to Graz in Austria and to Monte Carlo over the alps + various other visits to Europe very good luck with your trips!

Yours,

Howard

:cool:

Ade- The wing panels were replacement but are probably too tatty. The doors I think are rusted at the bottoms and the bumpers unfortunately do have some holes. I think what I will do is have a "parts open day" in the very near future and you could come and look for yourself as you are very near. The engine has been static for 10 years although under cover.

Yours Howard

Back