Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1/8" NPT T-piece Does it exist at all??

reidalpine

Enthusiast
I'm in need of a T-piece with female 1/8" NPT on top plus either 6 or 8mm "push-on"(like on fuel-pump) In- and Outlet both other sides..Anyone knows the whereabouts of such part??

-Also on another matter;the form-shaped stuff used in cases or boxes to secure delicate equipment ..What the heck is the correct name for it? It's the (usually)charcoal-coloured semi-hard (not Rubbery to the touch)stuff I'm looking for.
Any/All hints greatly appreciated -R.

I am sure male 1/8" NPT to hose fittings exist as I use them vor vacuum take-off on brake servo conversions.
So that leaves us with a T-block with 3 1/8" NPT threaded holes...right? I am not sure such a thing exists, but it can be easily made.

We use the name "Ricofon" for that foam stuff here, if it does help...

over here all things tends to go in millimeters -I've found some inch-stuff but all too large in dia. (for water/steam-pipe fittings)
-NPT would be tapered wouldn't it? any idea as to what it would cost to have one made -it needs to be fuel-resistant as its to be used to connect a Malpassi fuel-filter/water-trap/pressure-limiter plus separate manometer.Would it be poss.to have Both 6 And 8mm push-ons in and outlets?
It seems to be my eternal problem getting stuff a little out of the shelf-ware over here-it seems if it's not packed in a bag it cant be had.

I've noted the name Ricofon which I think must be the product-name
of a certain producer..I'll have a search Thanx again Angel. -R.

Even though most of the world measures in millimeters, such hydraulic and pneumatic components retain Imperial standardization, and I don't think they will change...
Yes, these are tapered fittings (the male threads), and are steel or brass, so fuel resistant. Their cost is in the region of 1-2 euros here...and making a simple steel threaded T-block would be around 10 euros I guess.
I can get these parts and send them if you have no other way of getting them. Very easy as I go almost every day to such industrial parts suppliers, for various bits and bobs.

If ok by you angel I would be very very greatful if you could have one made up for me,as I've emptied my choises up here.There's a mech-works nearby but as they charged a mind-boggling £.50 (FIFTY QUID!) to drill one 18mm.dia hole 40mm into the biljard-ball I use on my gear-shift I'm not into asking them for anything Ever again! -R.

Back