Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1979 4GTL - Sybil

Gorgeous car and well done, apart from the grill, I think she would look better with a plastic one. He he

Cheers - I wanted the feel of a modern car inside so we went with full carpeting throughout plus matching headliner and covered all the cardboard panels in the car. Door cards are still original vinyl and I will be making a rear hatch door panel out of the same material.

The soundproofing has done wonders, we can actually hear ourselves now at speed. o_O

I rebuilt my carburettor today with new gaskets etc. There seems to be parts in the kit that I could not find in my Carb. The red thingy and a small gasket. Runs a lot better now. :)

Also changed out the front brakes and handbrake cables - I hate this job, never simple and once I have figured out the best way to do it, I will forget it all for next time :(P1060276.jpg

Found the perfect badge at a Bourse this weekend.

Bargain, €7 including the little fixations on the back in tact.

IMG_1079.jpeg

Had to drive around Toulouse a little bit too - so many people put their thumbs up and took picture - not used to having a newly painted car :)
IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

It really looks splendid!
personally this model (and all his chrome surroundings) is my favorite from all R4 that came out from factory
Especially if it is finished nicely as yours is!

Fantastic picture! Beautiful car and great setting for a photo.

The colour really suits the car.
I had always appreciated the White/ beige colours such as Malcolm's "Gordini",
but now I'm not so sure!

Back