Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL for sale

wilfredsouth

Enthusiast
Those with long memories might remember this from earlier in the year. My Renault 4 GTL in Landrover blue is still for sale if anyone is interested.

£800, offers invited. Please come and see it (07944 325028) in Brighton.

I've had two years of very enjoyable motoring but am now living quite central in the city and its a strain on both me and the car when I'm cycling everywhere.

This well loved example was originally imported from Belgium in 1995, it is a great runner and is still going strong and smooth with over 260,000km (about 162000miles) on the clock. I changed the oil and filter November last year and have been using lead replacement fuel additive for the valves.

Tax runs till end April.
MOT runs till May 25th 2012.

The car is left hand drive, which I personally have never had a problem with, and has a unique brush applied enamel "Landrover Blue" paint finish over the original Cream. The interior is original Renault Ochre with a plastic dash.

There is an after market CD player and gas strut on the boot (replacing the 2bar linkage original after one too many lumps on head.)The boot has been replaced by a previous owner and has a different key to the four doors. A tow bar is fitted.

Had a new battery, starter, and two new tyres fitted before Christmas. With the car comes two spare rear light pods, and a spare tin of paint. The rear suspension and chassis are not perfect, but I have undersealed regularly and had no problem with either MOT I've been through.

I'm very sorry to be parting with this Renault, I hope someone else can take it on and enjoy it as much as I have. You start to wonder why modern cars are so big!

RIMG0080.JPG

RIMG0081.JPG

RIMG0082.JPG

RIMG0085.JPG

RIMG0086.JPG

RIMG0087.JPG

RIMG0088.JPG

still haven't managed to sell her?

my R4s twin? :) similar color, nice condition and price too... Hope this will end up in good hands, its a nice piece!

nope, no sale as of yet. Bad time to sell cars generally I think. Maybe people are worried about a fuel "crisis";)

Please get in touch if you are interested. I'm looking at getting a new MOT and tax soon.

Thanks, we got home safely now parked behind my little one, enjoyed driving it bak bit strange being lhd but drivin a r4 already makes it easier

That's great to hear, and i'm really pleased the car has gone to a good home. Hope you found some coastline as well on your way back.

Will

Glad to see the car has a new owner and will stay on the road (shame you sold it though Will!). I used to own this car a few years ago, but sold it when I bought another R4 (which I still use). My avator shows me in the car doing some auto tests its in beige days!

I've recently moved house and found some documents relating to this car (old bills etc, nothing exciting, they were from the owner before me). If you want them let me know?

cheers
Matt

Back