Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1987 R4 van returns for quick sale

georgie r

Enthusiast
Dear All

I have a Blue 1987 van for sale. We are moving away and can't take her with us, so I'm looking for a good home. Since we initially put her up for sale over a year ago, and then removed her for personal use, she has passed another MOT (until april 2013) BUT the alternator had to be taken apart and reconnected and there is a new oil leak, perhaps synthetic oil at the last service. Otherwise in good working order, no major rust issues this year (had alot of work done in the past) and has a new battery and carburetor. Any offer accepted, for a quick sale.

• DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,117
XT500( off message)

I used to have an XT500 (kick start). A great bike, much better than the XT550 and XT660 Tenere that followed.

The XT550 (kick start) would fit quite happily in my 1983 850cc 4TL (car) with the passenger and rear reats removed. It was a tall bike and just needed the front wheel removing to go in the rear hatch.

Good luck with the sale.

Van

Polite person , you are not wrong there .my Xt will roll into an r4van and even roll out again on occasion . for this and many other reasons it is the best van , I think , j2 notwithstanding .

How many are you looking to buy because if all the people you have asked say yes Nicholas then you have quite a lot of dosh to find.

Well I dont see where the problem is? I can ask people which one is for sale and which one is not!

still for sale!

Hi guys,
yes the van is still for sale. We took her out for a drive last week, and ended up going round the block only for the steam/smoke coming out. I think its a combination of the oil leak and a leaky radiator. So if you want to buy her i think she will need some early work before any long trip!

van

hello , i am still interested in your van , possible head gasket do you think
? my telephone number remains 07929091647

is she/still for sale

issale is the still for sale? if so my number is 077393956555
Thank you
Phil

Back