Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2001 1.4 kangoo fuel injector help

rogermorrall

Hi I've got a 1.4 2001 petrol kangoo and one if the fuel injectors has gone down,my injectors are 3" long and can't seem to get one from anywhere. Can I put on another rail and injectors if so can I take them from another car example scenic,Clio etc.. And also my injector rail hasn't got a pressure control valve is this correct because all other rails I've looked at have got a valve.
Thanks
Rogerimage.jpg

Can you not even get them from Renault any more? There are frequent changes to injectors even in the same model for emissions updates so take care selecting them (though I'm sure they will be used in another model).

We're not the best place to ask about this sort of thing as we are mostly into cars built with carburettors. You could try searching www.renaultforums.co.uk but you won't always get a sensible answer on there.

Can you not even get them from Renault any more? There are frequent changes to injectors even in the same model for emissions updates so take care selecting them (though I'm sure they will be used in another model).

We're not the best place to ask about this sort of thing as we are mostly into cars built with carburettors. You could try searching www.renaultforums.co.uk but you won't always get a sensible answer on there.
Hi malcom
I did try to register on that forum but it kept saying there was an error,iv called various renault dealers/breakers and once I state the size or show picture I'm told that they've never seen one like it,my son works in a scrapyard and he can't find one either,whilst posting this I have managed to locate someone who is breaking a car down exactly the same as mine but their injectors and rail are different so I'm wondering if just the rail had been updated so I'm gona try swapping the whole rail and see if I get any luck that way,I don't really have much choice but thanks for your reply Malcolm and will post if this does work in case anyone else ever incurs the same trouble.

try this tel number and ask for gary, 01508 558655 this company is called cit-ren and are very help fuland lots of parts
if still no luck e, mail me with your reg number, the original one not a private plate or chassis number and i poss can find out an alternative part number and supply costs
early next week
i hope this will help
robbie

Back