Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2011 4L Trophy

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
This years 4L Trophy was featured tonight on Renault TV (Sky 883). Lots of interviews with the crews and nice film coverage. It should be on again if you missed it. I'm still waiting to see the film of Thenay that is supposed to be on this month.:smile:

Raid

The annual french "raid" to Morocco is for full time students between the age of 19 and 26 years. I might convince my daughter to do it in the next couple of years, but do I want to risk my van to her care? A Sinpar GTL is the best vehicle to use, just don't find them for peanuts anymore.

What a great adventure the Raid must be, and yes I too would be up for it, if only.....! Us more mature enthusiasts could always join the Baby Boomers I suppose. As for having a suitable car, of course a Sinpar would be best, but I reckon the majority of cars entered are pretty basic with just a few mods for long distance travel. It's all part of the fun to get such a car all the way to Morocco.:smile:

Well said Brian, would be quite good to do something like that, although the sinpar would be ideal ( when there's a time limit ) but as you pointed out us more mature enthusiasts would not unnecessarily have a time limit so with a bit of preparation they could make it there and back no problem

This could be the start of something, how about a charity run Rob and our fellow enthusiasts, to maybe not Morocco, but still a test of endurance for us and our cars. Any suggestions folks?

That's a handy website. I like the idea of Norway, or how about combining a charity run with Thenay and doing a roughly circular route. There are so many possibilities.

Very charming...
The Norway route is even far from overheating problems, no need to install 2nd fan to the radiator as in african raids...

Sounds like I've opened a can of worms here! Would be up for some sort of adventure...Has the date for Thenay 2012 been announced...

Norway could be ideal actually, run to the arctic-circle perhaps. As you say Azazello, no overheating problems. Yes a can of worms indeed Stuart, but isn't that often how these things start, someone makes a comment and it just takes off. No news yet about dates for Thenay as far as I know, but it's been middle of July last three years I think so we can probably guess I reckon.

I've just checked out the distance roughly, London to Arctic- circle, 1800 miles, 3000 km, mmm, food for thought I think. Didn't Reida do that distance to Thenay this year? So I'm sure a bunch of us Brits could do it, along with our very good friends in Europe.:smile:

Sounds good to me, i do like the idea of Oslo never been that far north before and the fact that a lot of it can be done by roads and bridges, although nothing against going south either ( see what you've started Stuart ) will be going to Thenay anyway and taking a bit longer this time.

I still qualify for the 4L trophy haha.

I would be up for a 4L trundle no where cold though, and i am sure i could persuade Lord Stanbury to partake too. Italy?

The frozen north sounds good to me, Lisa, my better half, is always trying to get me to visit Scandinavia, two birds one stone me thinks!
Will have to buy another car or van though as I don't fancy going all that way in an 850cc...Shame...

Now you're just showing because of your age Mike, although the majority of us mature we don't appear to be bothered about a trip north and the cold can't stand it ehh ?

Yes Italy would be good, a trip through the Alps and all that, but I do still fancy an expedition to Oslo, and how cold can it be in the summer?

I reckon I'd be up for a trip to Oslo! Sounds like an interesting trip and I'd like to have a run up that way anyway. If we could do something that might raise some money for charity that would be nice - may I suggest this - http://www.helpharryhelpothers.com/

I've been having a look for Thenay dates as well but can't find anything either. I'm certainly planning on going next year although I'll take a bit more time this year and probably camp there.

Back