Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

22nd August 2010 - BBQ in Bedford

Can you make the BBQ on 22nd August?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
It's time for a summer BBQ in Paradise for anyone who fancies an afternoon out.

I'm thinking about Sunday August 22nd.

I'll aim for the bring your own food format this year. You can turn up when you like from 11 ish in the morning, have a lunchtime BBQ feast from 1 o'clock onwards, then stay around and chat for the afternoon.

It's at the farm again, so if you don't have the address and contact number send me a private message.

Let me know if you can come along by voting, or if I've clashed with the trip to Norway again do let me know quick and I'll alter the date.

Oh dear, I can't make the 15th :(. Any chance of having it on 22nd instead?

Certainly can. :D Would be good to see you and have a natter - it's been ages and we hardly had the chance to wave with the rain in May.

Thanks Malcolm! Looking forward to seeing you and Clementine! Really pleased that we'll be able to make it this year :)

clear day in my calender just need clear blue sky as well :rolleyes:
mr G is unavailable but i will try and bring the last of my r4 spares with me maybe the 1300 5sp unit as well

Sorry Mr G can't make it. I'll give him a bell to say thanks for the head and hospitality. The head is at the machine shop at the moment being pressure tested :D

Hello Malcom - 22nd is ok for me as well. Look forward to it but don't forget the tongs as I believe you used a pair of pliers last year!!

Will email you for the post code nearer the time. Is it worth asking people what food they will bring so to get a variety??

I'll be in Norway ;)

Opps no, the good lady says no, I can't go there either. Instead I have to meet up with her in France instead!

So I think we'll be having our own party on that evening instead.

Despite the vote count stuck at 4 I think we're up to 5 so far with a possible 6th.

We've got BBQ tools now, though this might be the last year for the BBQ itself - the bottom fell out earlier in the year and was replaced by a bit of sheet. Sides are now offering a good air supply for the fire.

It's this weekend! It's not going to be the biggest R4 meet ever - I think we have Steve Hennessey, jjad, and Mr_Reno.

How about forgetting about the BBQ and instead convoy to the local country pub for a nice steak and ale pie. That would save messing around with too many saussages.

For that it's handy for everyone to be here by about 12 noon, we can make our way to the pub at 1:00, then return to Paradise for the afternoon.

Sounds good to me Malcolm. I don't think the lack of interest was to do with the quality of the food at the last BBQ, the subsequent cases of salmonella and hospital admissions ;) - it's just that we all have such busy lives these days!
Steak and Ale pie is one of my favourites and really looking forward to a ride in the re-born GoR4dini!

See you at 12 ish (if I don't get lost)

Steve

Hi Malcolm, that's fine with us - also means we're less dependent on the weather!

Looking forward to seeing you at 12ish,

Jonathan

oh dear change of circumstances this week counts me out as well now
firstly the yellow peril is tucked away hiding from the rain and busy workload has meant no time to sort and load laguna estate with the last of my r4 spares (my wife also was keen for us to spend a day together non car related)
will try and visit with mr g at a later date
hope the weather is ok ish at least

It was a lovely day today - no wind and sunny. Jonathan, Rebecca, Steve and myself jumped into the Gordini for a nice lunch at the pub. Good to see you all again and have a chance to chat.

I checked the timing following derisory comments from Steve and sure enough the dwell angle was a bit low and advancing the ignition did make the engine nicer. I'll be glad when it's run in properly as it's boring being limited to 90mph. :D

Do pop up for some lunch if you are ever in the area Paul. I can only do weekends for the rest of the year. Do you think there's any chance of getting Mr G up to the RCCC AGM this year?

It was a nice day - many thanks for the company and a chance to ride in the Gordini:). It gave me an opportunity to give Malcolm some constructive criticism on the ignition timing as I felt that 2 minutes from 0-60mph warranted some intensive investigation;)

I reckon that once it's run in (don't forget to put the 'Running In - Please Pass' sticker in the back window) and properly set up it should achieve 100mph easily.

It really is a lovely little car - well done.

Steve

Sounds like a good time !

Would love to see the Gordini one day if im allowed :D, it looks great in the photos!

Do pop in when passing. I'm not far from Jn 14 of the M1 and can manage tea and coffee.

I did have a little acceleration problem while testing the Hennessey "man of speed" Hot Up Timing Advice. Pulled out from a layby after adjustments and instantly found someone on my backside. He must have been going a fair whack as he wasn't even in sight when I pulled out. Fortunately he had brakes.

Cool, Thanks. hopefully sometime soon Il have the R4 back on the road :)

Good to hear your ok and he had brakes !

Back