Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2nd Aug - BBQ in Paradise

Would you like to attend?

• Undecided - will send Malcolm a private message if I need the address.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Date: Sunday 2nd August 2009
Event: Renault 4 BBQ and sausage hunt

Finally a date for the long awaited summer barbecue. The event will be held on the finely manicured lawns of Paradise Farm located 5 miles to the west of Bedford and only 15 minutes from M1 jn14.

Paradise is blessed with sunshine, fruit trees, walking, a new fishing lake without fish, and barns full of Renault 4s in every possible state of disrepair. Most importantly it's a nice grassy spot and we have a big BBQ.

The main event is an afternoon of barbecue cooked lunch and chat with fellow daft people. We're a hour north of London, but could well be anywhere up to 4 hours from the rest of the world. Arrive when you like, but if you want to take part in the great sausage run try to be here by 11:45.

For the sausage run we'll set off at 12:00 to the local supermarket to buy the sausages. (People always bring too many sausages to barbecues so let's buy them on the day.) Drivers will be set off at 30 second intervals and each driver will be given different directions so there's a fair chance you'll be able to wave at eachother as you pass along the way. We'll return from the supermarket in proud convoy and should be back in Paradise by 12:45 to meet the latecomers. Total distance should be less than 6 miles.

Reidalpine is coming all the way from Norway to attend this prestigious event. So there's no excuse for the rest of you.

I don't want to give out the address on the internet as I live in Paradise Farm. If you would like to come along please click the yes option in the poll and I'll send the address, or send me a private message to let me know you want to come along. There's no time limit for entries, though anyone expressing an interest after 2nd Aug will have missed the fun.

I only voted for 'I'll be in Norway' as it seemed to be the closest match to 'I'll be in sunny Burgundy in France'.

We'll try to send you some of our sunshine for the BBQ - good luck to all participating in the great sausage hunt. :D

Malcolm's Renfest...........

I'm missing THE social event of the year :(:(:( - SWMBO has booked us on a ferry for La Belle France at the crack of dawn on 29 July.......... I AM INCONSOLABLE....... I DO love a 'well' cooked sausage/burger in good company...... REIDAR WILL ALSO BE THERE - AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH)
Hopefully, a cup of tea with our Bleubelle et ClVaRo in 'Beautiful Burgundy' later in our hols, will in some measure assuage my feelings of grief and loss. I do hope that Reidar and his wife will 'dunsh Les Champs' later in France and/or later sojourn with us at home on our return. The 7 'p's' apply - PRIOR PLANNING PREPARATION PREVENTS ............ POOR PERFORMANCE. :(

..Poll, what poll?..

..Being a professional Ignoramus it has taken me 3 minutes to realise that to vote on your poll Malcolm, you have to sign in...I pass on this info to any other semi professional Ignoramisses(?)

Cant be with you sadly Malcolm, but can you be with us for the August weekend of the 22 / 23rd please for reasons yet to be explained?

• wow 1 a.jpg
    wow 1 a.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 341
Party in Norway looks like it might be even more fabulous than ours. :D

I'm aiming for 22nd for France Ian for completely unexplained reasons of my own (what a co-incidence), though I'm only planning a single holiday this year and want to take the Gordini. Not a lot planned for the summer and I'm getting onto the finishing straight. Can I say probably for now and confirm in July? Looking forward to a visit.

malcolm-maybe you should try Not telling I'm coming-
You might have the Farm Chock-full of people!
I think this is the reason they all choose to come to Norway-now they know I will be outa here...
32C.here now and they've treatened us with even more heat next week..Got pulled over by the coppers today-They looked surprised when they couldn't find Any tech.faults on Roffen.. I pity the one stopped after me-as they would no doubt have given him a Total going-over! -R.

Reidar's Bullet Run.

I'm surprised the police caught you Reidar - they thought they were hallucinating (Heatstroke?) when they saw Roffen coming and checked their radar gun. :D
BTW We're taking our 'Swedish Hearse' (never raced or rallied) on hols. Where are you geographically on 28th July? - a 'punning clan' is forming. (We had intended our usual nocturnal dash-crawl to Dover but could leave earlier if we can rendevous with you somewhere 'en route' for a coffee?)
PS Don't forget to bring Malcolm's prize - 20m revolving xmas tree (with lights) We can organise his trip to Hell for the Nobel ceremony later.:D

Brian see priv.message.
-Over here Hallicunating is a must to be a copper.
Malcolm will get (the first part of) his prize-this is a Do-it-Yourself kit-just needs glue to get started.
Changed oil and filter again today-guy at station thought I was hallucinating too..
"You were here 2weeks ago changing both! -Heat got to you??"
-anyways,Feels better now I know there's new oil/filter in. -R

PS:for all you people opting for the Norwegian-do..Norway will be closed for refurbishing from 25th.so you better lay new plans involving Paradise Farm (If you Google Norway you will only see a Blanc-spot)

Last edited:
a 'punning clan' is forming

Brian,

have you invented a new collective noun for a group of R4 Clans? "A pun of Clans" sounds good! Now we just need a word to describe a group of R4 Savannes...

Hi Malcolm, not in Norway and not even in a Renault 4 that weekend, am off in the Austin 7 to the Cotswolds. Have a good one and hope to make the next one!

Paldrick's Bun

Hi jjad, :p the wonderful 'Blackadder' tv comedy series is a personal favourite and the 'word smithing' quality is equivalent to 'Victoria steam coal' so highly prized by our early navy - 92% pure 'c' - high octane, quality stuff. Bleubelle would be your best bet for a 'Savane bun'. ;)

I think I'd prefer a sally of Savanes. Sally being to rush 4th suddenly. That's what Blanche does from time to time when her throttle cable sticks. :shock:

Last edited:
Malc-I hope you have a Cd-player available in Paradise as I will bring the ALL TIME ULTIMATE version of Je T'aime (Jane Birkin-Serge Gainsborough) If This won't kill you,you guys You will live forever.. (as per usual when we arrive GB the 25th-we will also bring warm sunny weather for as long as we're there
-Never failed us before!) -R.

A 'sally of Savannes' is perfect!

Disappointed that we won't be able to come to the BBQ, but hope that you all have a good time and that the weather is suitably sunny. (Don't forget to pack the sunshine, reidalpine!)

I'm hoping for a full report of the events with photos please!

Cheers, Jonathan

We're doing well and the BBQ is only a few days away. There are just as many people coming here as are going to the party in Norway. So far we have 8 visiting R4s (two are honorary R4s) and I should be able to add another 9. For everyone else it's not to late to decide to come.

Don't bring food - we'll buy it on the run. I'll check if the farm shop is open as they would make a fab BBQ, otherwise the run destination will be the local supermarket.

I'll be there in BB, especially as I blew the Twingo up last week!

Ok Doors are all loaded for Gary, whats the weather looking like for tomorrow then Malcolm?

..Have a fab day y'all..

..Just a little note to wish you all a fine sunny BBQ day and to let you know that I am with you all in spirit..

Take lots of photos and we are looking forward to finding out if Reida is as tall dark and handsome as we all expect he is!!

• CIMG3941ec e.jpg
    CIMG3941ec e.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 53
There's not a cloud in the sky this morning. Rieidar arrived yesterday and we went out to the local pub for dinner.

Photos of people this time then. Might have to shave if we're going to do that.

Back