Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2nd Aug - BBQ in Paradise

Would you like to attend?

• Undecided - will send Malcolm a private message if I need the address.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Glad you've got a good day for it, Malcolm. Tell Ian to keep that rain! We were expecting it to come across to us but no sign as yet, another lovely 30 deg day!

Looking forward to seeing those photos.

Bbq

Have a great day folks, especially, Reidar and Brit who have travelled so far to meet up. :hug:

Thanks for coming along everyone. I really enjoyed the day. Just a couple of photos from me to start with.

supermarket.jpg

As a format for a classic car run, driving to a supermarket to buy sausages is probably quite unusual. It was very strange to be completely out of context with the friends I'd normally discuss camshafts with. Fortunately Derek was organised, though there were still too many sausages and I should be able to live off them for a few weeks.

bbq.jpg

Once again thanks Derek for doing the cooking. From left to right: Reidar (reidalpine), Robert (Bobble), Derek (Renospeed), Stuart Delahoy, Brit (from rear, sorry), Becky (Mrs Renospeed), Steve Hennessey, Richard (Pepper), and Gary (ggcton).

Thought I'd give others a chance with photos. PS - those who went to Norway instead do post pics of that event.

Sorry Claude couldn't be at the BBQ but he was playing a vital role as a road block for our local cycle race.

• DSCF0116.jpg
    DSCF0116.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 113
BBQ in Paradise

Here's a few of the photos I've taken

Thanks once again for a wonderful day, it took my mind off my troubles for a few hours, a pleasant little drive, great company, lovely food (thank you Derek) and some Renault 4 biased conversation, not much more needed for a sunny Sunday in August.

• P1010800.jpg
    P1010800.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 112
  • P1010805.jpg
    P1010805.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 110
  • P1010802.jpg
    P1010802.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 113
Looks like you had a great time! Shame that we missed it :(

I'm glad that Reidar packed the sunshine for you.

I lied when I said that we'd be in Norwayland. In fact we were in Tuscany, where we spotted 11 R4s in 12 days. One was a simple 'Renault 4' (not TL or GTL), which I've not seen with painted bumpers (though no rubber bits) and plastic door handles before (so a very late 'L' ?). Another was a GTL with chrome door handles and old-style rear lights! They were all different, and seem to comprise whatever bits were available at the time.

• vendesi.jpeg
    vendesi.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 78
  • pescia-r4.jpeg
    pescia-r4.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 80
  • firenze1b.jpeg
    firenze1b.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 78
HI again everyone! Roffen Britt and I am safely back home in Norwayland again.Arrived at 02:00 last night.
We had a lovely time at the BBQ-nice to meet up with you all!
Thanx for letting us stay the night Malcolm!
Brian and Ros Thanx SO much for having us up in Newcastle-we have booked Santa ,so you'll have to turn up or you will Not receive anymore Christmas-gifts from Santa......
Also got the reardoor sorted(Thanx Paul) down at his Alladins Cave after some good detective-work from Brian -Thanx much marra!
nice meeting you guys again in Dover -Hope the cheese made it home c",)
-Guess the trailer will be called Bri
Roffen goes like a shot out'a canon or should that be shit out'a canin? Need two new driveshafts after driving wrong way round 2453 roundabouts in England got them to rumble a bit...
ALL the best to All of you guys-Maybe next time we Will have a meet in Norwayland?? -R.

Back