Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L Radio Connection

Shadow_Zone

Hello guys, i am having a little problem here.
My father's 4L radio was reallyyy old and sound was kinda crappy (idk if it is the original radio or not ), so i thought i could just buy a new 1 and change it by myself.. well, looks like thats not that easy for me...
Anyway, the original radio was working with 3 wires only, i connected the new 1 to the same 3 wires and it does not work !! so i tested the radio in my friend's corsa which has 5 wires and worked...

Do i need more than those 3 wires to connect the new radio sucessfully in my 4l?

The old radio has had only one wire for the power supply. So the new radio needs a wire for memory power and one for (the old wire) for on off power.

You could connect on the iso connector the red and yellow wire together, the radio will word. But after taking the key out, it will loose the stations in memory.

I suggest that you find another source off continuous power. I tapped the wire for the clock.

:rolleyes: "...the clock" ? Wow, tell me more. Is this a super deluxe version you have godlike ?

It's a normal GTL build in Slovenia in 1992.

Look at my photo album in my profile. There's a picture with the radio and on that one you can see the clock right of the gears.

The first one's have had a normal clock, this one is digital.

Our 1990 Slovenian-built LHD GTL has a digital clock too!

• r4-digital-clock.jpeg
    r4-digital-clock.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 333
Back