Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

50th anniversary

John Doe

Enthusiast
The Renault 4 Club from Serbia has contacted Renault France regarding the 50th anniversary. Here is what they say:

"Hello,
Thank you for your interest in Renault.
Firstly, we apologize for the delay in our response. Renault has planned to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Renault 4. Renault Heritage Department (Histoire & Collection) is in charge of the various events and actions which are planified.
Please contact his manager Mr. Hugues Portron (hugues.portron @ renault.com). He will give you more information on these events and actions and see with you how we can help your club regarding this anniversary."

Perhaps you could contact him too and try to make this as big as possible :)

Does it mean that "4L International" will be planned and run by both Renault Histoire et Collection and 4L-R6 club France? Or there will be various small events? I hope the first one will happen, as it will be a great opportunity for a huge R4 gathering from all over the world.

We are some 4L drivers from Sweden who are planning to join the anniversary next summer, but we do not have much information, anyone know any more?

R4 50th Anniversary

Hi All,
As far as we know the Big One will be at the 3rd 4L International at Thenay on 15th, 16th, and 17th July 2011. The Dutch and Belgians are also planning to do a drive down the Champs Elysée on the way back, which could be fun! Renault UK are keen to help with an event here so we will see what they can come up with. Probably won't do a Kent Run next year but maybe a static event with Renault and have the drive down to Thenay instead ( it is OK once you get through Rouen). Hope this makes sense and will keep you posted.
Mrs R

Thanks Mrs R!

I don't think we'll be able to make Thenay as it's during work time :(
So something later in the summer or in the UK would be ideal.

Jonathan

FYI: Dutch and Belgians come to Thenay

50_en.jpg

Published on the italian FB page of the Historic Record of Renault 4, but I doubt anybody would come from downhere: it was a great adventure yet to reach Thenay...

Back