Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

50th Birthday Invite

baron_matt

Enthusiast
Hi

My name is Matt Concannon and I'm head of section registers for the 2CV Club of Great Britain (2CVGB).

On the 1st - 3rd of July this year we are holding a gathering at a venue just outside St Ives in Cambridgeshire and we intend to celebrate the 50th Birthday of the Citroen Ami. As the famous Quatrelle is also 50 this year, I'd like to extend the invite to any Renault 4 owners who'd like to come along.

It would be really great if you could join us and have a display of Renault 4's alongside our 2CV's, Dyanes and Amis. As the main registers event is on the Sunday we are planning to hold the birthday party on the Saturday. Overnight Camping is available as is a bar so if you fancy popping along please drop me a line at:
registers@2cvgb.com

or call me and I can send you details etc.

Look forward to seeing you.

Kind Regards

Matt

Thank you very much for the invite, as an ex 2cv, Dyane, Ami Super, 2cv Viper and Lomax driver, I may be interested in this ;)

Thank you very much for the invite, as an ex 2cv, Dyane, Ami Super, 2cv Viper and Lomax driver, I may be interested in this ;)

Cool, as I'm not a 4 owner (but been a passenger many times) I wasn't too sure which renault club to contact to pass on the invite.

Lucky for me a 2CV friend of mine Nic has just purchased a Silver Quatrelle and told me of this site last night.

2CVGB is a friendly bunch and it would be great to get some 4's along.... there may...be cake :-)

Oooo Cake!

Making this a pretty difficult thing to miss!

I'd say the correct club would be the Renault classic Car club, ggcton on here is one of the main members.

Oooo Cake!

Making this a pretty difficult thing to miss!

I'd say the correct club would be the Renault classic Car club, ggcton on here is one of the main members.

Well if someone can pass it on that would be great.

That sounds ideal - the 2CVGB folk were excellent fun when we messed around at Santa Pod a few years ago. Also it's only half an hour from me - I reckon I'll go along.

Who else is in the R4 team?

May be interested. Cake mmmmmmm.........now if there were ice cream it would be 100%. Hope to be able to make it. It would be good to have a reasonable representation from here ;0)

We would like to come, will have to see if we can clear the diary!

Shame its not St Ives in Cornwall

I'm not trying to earn name dropping brownie points, but I'm Matts mate who has just bought (Purpaboo's) old GTL. We were in the pub last night at the 2cv meet and Matt went all gooey and started stroking it. I think he's ripe to buy if anyones looking to sell a GTL!

Count me in for Registers Day!

I will be along too, in one of my 4's, only ten mins from me. I remember this event last year, my friends sister is a 2cvGB member.

And im sure i will be corrected if i am wrong but isn't there a huge 2cv show near to Thenay the weekend AFTER Thenay .......:eek:

Aww Brilliant!

Sounds like there is a number of you keen to come. The way I see it is the more the merrier. We are all running classic French tin :D.

We will also have a 2CV vans, Citroen H vans, maybe lol even a Panhard. So if you want to bring a F4 or F6 van no worries. Like wise r4, 4CV, r6 or roadeo.

If anyone wants to bring a Velosolex along too that's fine by me. If we got enough Solexists along we could have a Velosolex 100 metre Sprint race.

Ok below is the details I've sent out to the 2CV club, if you just want to come along as a day visitor on the Saturday then that's fine and if you want to see the big 2CV line up's thats the Sunday, but we are having the 50th Birthday on the Saturday.

The prices are shown below but official guests of the club come in without the surcharge. So if you can email me your name the model and reg number of your car at least a week before the event we can make sure you are known to the gate staff and don't get charged more.

Hi All

Please find below the details for this year's 2CVGB Registers Weekend 1st - 3rd July.

If you have a 2CV or Citroen A series (or Renault r4 etc;) ) come and join us at Burleigh Hill Farm in St Ives Cambridgeshire.

Burleigh Hill Farm
Somersham Road (B1040)
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
PE27 3LY

Registers Day what’s that?
Many people who are new to the club have asked me what registers day is all about and over the years it has grown from a one day event to a weekend with camping available to those who want it.

...So what is it about? Well this event is all about the A series, with a chance for 2CVGB members to meet up, meet their section’s registrar’s, see the register displays, meet other owners, technical gurus, purchase those much needed spares. Also if you want you can vote for your favourite cars in each register, with a trophy awarded to the favourite car in each register.

Also if you require advice from your registrar regarding technical help or if you require insurance valuations or dating certificates, then Registers day is an ideal opportunity for the club officers to inspect your vehicle. Please note however that time is limited so please can you give me notice prior to the event if you require a vehicle inspection and we can organise accordingly.

Since this year is the 50th Anniversary of the launch of the Ami we hope to celebrate the Ami’s 50th Birthday in style, we should be also joined by the G Section from the Citroën Car Club and we welcome owners of the Renault 4 who are also celebrating their model's 50th.

We also hope to have a bar onsite and food available and in the spirit of registers day the evening entertainment is down to you.

Whatacosta?
Doors will be open from Midday Friday and in an inflation busting move we are trying to keep the entry costs to the same as last year. The amount you pay is dependant on when you arrive. The prices below are shown for 2CVGB members as this a member event and there is an additional £5 per person surcharge for non members.

If you are not a member and you’d like to join 2CVGB, we have exciting new options for you…

•Join on the gate at a discount price of £25 and pay 2CVGB membership entry prices as shown below.
•If you pay the £5 surcharge on the price shown below per person, you will be issued with a temporary membership card valid for 1 month. If you then join 2CVGB fix the temporary membership card to your membership application form and we’ll take this off the price of a year’s membership i.e. £27.50 - £5 Discount = £22.50! Bargain and everyone’s a winner.

Friday Arrivals:
£15 (non members £20) per adult camping, including entry to Registers Day.
Saturday Arrivals:
£10 (Non members £15) per adult camping including entry to Registers Day.
Sunday Arrivals
£5 (Non members £10) per adult entry to Registers Day.

Traders:
No price for a pitch but same camping charges apply, however we do ask for a 2CV/ Citroen related Raffle prize donation. Make yourselves known at the gate and you’ll be shown which areas of the event field are available for your pitch.

Children:
For the purpose of this event kids can come free. Children are defined as being human and under the age of 18.

Dogs:
There are no charges if you wish to bring your canine buddy, the site is dog friendly but please keep them on a lead at all times.

Please note that we can only accept cash or cheques on the gate!

Volunteers needed

It takes a great deal of effort to organise events such as these so we are asking for volunteers for gate duty. If you are able to give the club a couple of hours of your time to man the gate please contact me at matt_the_baron@yahoo.co.uk and we can put you on the list and advise what time slots are available.

Ok all that remains for me to say is don’t forget to come and we’ll see you there.
Luv Matt

I will be along too, in one of my 4's, only ten mins from me. I remember this event last year, my friends sister is a 2cvGB member.

And im sure i will be corrected if i am wrong but isn't there a huge 2cv show near to Thenay the weekend AFTER Thenay .......:eek:

2CV World meeting in Salbris at the end of July.

So far on prebookings alone the world meeting organisers have sold tickets for 4000 cars, and that was at the biginning of April. Its going to be the biggest meet I've ever been to and I've been 2CV'ing since 1993.

Finally it seems the French are starting to appreciate their historically important cars.

Many French people I've talked to think it's a strange English quirk to like old cars, but I sense this passion has now spread.

Finally it seems the French are starting to appreciate their historically important cars.

Many French people I've talked to think it's a strange English quirk to like old cars, but I sense this passion has now spread.
If the cars at the R4 gathering last year at Thenay are anything to go by, the French have a passion for their classic cars too. Many were obviously everyday runabouts but there were some beautifully restored examples too, and I don't mean those owned by the Renault museum.

The "everyday runabouts" are the more fascinating ones, r4s were not made to collect dust in garages...

I agree with Azazello, I prefer the cars that have lived, I've had several offers for a replacement rear wing for my car, but I love the ageing process where the petrol has faded the paint down the wing and where the car has been polished it has been rubbed down to the primer.

It's all patina to me, or shabbiness to some one else.

Takes your pick

;)

They were made to collect dust when you only have one pair of hands (and a pair of Traction Avant driveshaft's to rebuild needing a 50 tonne press)

Back