Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

845 cc engine wanted

Foofighters 27

Enthusiast
Hi I'm after an 845cc engine for my 1975 r4 tl 12 volt ,also a zenith carb to fit the same size engine ,can anybody out there help???
Thanks mark

The problem you are going to find is after 1980 I'm pretty sure there were few if any 845 R4 cars or vans sold in uk meaning most were scrapped many years back
the few remaining cars left are either for sale as restored cars or projects at higher than scrap money
another fairly well kept secret is the con rods fetch £200 a set as used for Austin seven race engines but only when someone is building an engine so they get hoarded away
me I've sold 6 sets over last 20 years and indeed know of a solid restorable 72 car sitting with no engine20140527_121516.jpg

Hi MR Reno so what other choice would I have as re an engine in my r4 ,any suggestions would be really welcoming
Thanks mark

My friend who is now selling a lot of his collection off paid £500 for the 72 car off eBay on description and photos not long ago less than a yr?
I did tell him off as he has had red one 69 for 12 yr without doing anything
will ask him next week
hopefully this one won't be seized like the sin par van !!!
regarding fitting a larger engine it can be done best if you give me a ring and i can ask you the relevant questions and recommend a possible solution
cheers paul
phone number is on my profile page you can ring me friday or saturday during the day as i am self employed mechanic on renault s as you may have guessed

• 20140620_132125.jpg
    20140620_132125.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
Yesterday while trying (unsuccessfully ) to find a top ball joint for my 4TL the Renault dealer here offered me a "New" 845 engine for 200 euro's.......its amongst all the spare parts he has from many years trading, and really just wants rid of it !...........Problem is shipping it from here to you might be expensive !Lots of other goodies for R6 Rodeo's R8 R12's etc but the problem is nothing ( well nothing much ) still has its part number attached so you just have to scratch through all his old spares.

The problem you are going to find is after 1980 I'm pretty sure there were few if any 845 R4 cars or vans sold in uk meaning most were scrapped many years back
the few remaining cars left are either for sale as restored cars or projects at higher than scrap money
another fairly well kept secret is the con rods fetch £200 a set as used for Austin seven race engines but only when someone is building an engine so they get hoarded away
me I've sold 6 sets over last 20 years and indeed know of a solid restorable 72 car sitting with no engineView attachment 10017
Hi MR Reno
Roughly how much would it cost for you to strip down and rebuild my engine ,at the moment it has an su carb on it which I would like to replace with it's original zenith carb ,.??might be a cheaper option and easier than trying to find one ??
Thanks mark

sorry at the moment i have got a badly swollen knee and a backlog of cars already to deal with i am committed for the next 6 months to help my friend clear his barn and try and sell some cars for him
never really had to do many engine rebuilds as years ago engines use to outlive the body work meaning another second hand one was always easily available
zenit 281 f carbsare also in short supply would have thought su was an upgrade
i do have an idea where there may be an engine available but you'll have to ring me because i do not want to post about it on here cheers paul

my number is on my profile page

If you are willing to drive to the Netherlands, Ive got a 845 here in Breda.
for €75 its yours.
Its not stuck, turning round, but not running when I tried to start it.

Mark
I have an 850cc out of a 1977 R4, I bought the whole car for spares many moons ago,
The engine block was cracked with frost but i drove it out of the scrapyard on to the trailor and off again,
I'm not too far away in Leeds, There is no inlet manifold but there is a webber 34 carb near it which must of been on it at sometime, I just went in the shed and it turns still so stored well, ;)

Back