Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A long trip in the little 4

uaz04

Due Momianesi
We just made a spur of the moment trip in our 4, from the Istrian peninsula to Calabria and back. The total distance was more than 2600 kms, which we did over 36 hours! The Renault ran flawlessly all the way, on motorways as well as very steep and twisty mountain tracks to get to a tiny hilltop village. My great-grandfather was born there, and we needed to search the archives for his birth record. We found the record in 15 minutes, and then headed straight back home.
The car averaged 86kms per hour over the entire distance, and we consumed only 5 liters per 100 kms! On the motorway generally, we cruised at 120 and passed others at will.
I just felt the need to, publicly, thank Renault and our 4 for being such a great little car.

As one might expect, however, even though the car got us back home flawlessly...I arrived totally destroyed! Don't attempt to drive 30 hours out of 36, no matter what the reason.

I imagine what has been destroyed is your hearing......I SAID I IMAGINE..........!

I really admire your courage.....probably would do same thing my self....:D

120km/h sound to much for R4.....Personally 110 is some kind of top speed....On my recent trip i have make him go 130 passing truck but that was short exception....not that R4 would not manage it, but i feel as something is going to "escape" from my engine bay :doh:
And my R4 start to drink to much at that speed.
80-90-100 is perfection for it but that is not for motorway.

But you have upgraded your R4....:whistle:.....something i would gladly do!

Happy that R4 done it bravely.....

wow what a trip , well done , after a few hours you dont feel it .till you stop . then it kicks in:doh:

My only consequence, but a serious one, has to do intense pain with my right hip. I'm hoping it's just a simple muscle strain from so many hours in the car, and not related to all the complicated hardware that kept me from being amputated 20 years ago. I'll know in a couple of days if it loosens up.
Other than that, a Renault 4 could go anywhere and do most anything! I'm in awe of this car!

Back