Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

a question of fitment..

reidalpine

Enthusiast
probably been coverd on here before,but this superb forum has grown So much so difficult to find the minutea I'm after -So..

First question regarding a set of new/unused rims found recently
type DUNLOP 400xB13 12,5cm wide so normal slim type
On them it says: 22 -would this be the inpress? Alos they have a real oversize hole in the middle to hold the NOS chromed small wheelcovers I also found What is the size & tread M12x150 I seem to remember from somewhere or am I out cycling here??

Second question re. a set of (R5TS?) I found marked FERGAT
550BKx13 16,5cm wide Anyone know the inpress on them?
could it be as much as 5,9cm ?? Doesnt say anywhere on them.

Extra bonus question..I'm thinking of putting a set of Kuhmo Solus KH15 175/70-R13tires (95%) on these Fergat-rims
I measured these and compared to my Contis these are only 3mm shy of the Contis rolling-diameter at 178,0 versus 178,3 on the by now slightly worn Contis...
Would they fit? no touching on full side to side turn and tilt?
Am I right in guessing these Fergats mounted w.175/70 wouldn't protrude out much (more)seing the inpress being deeper? -Also I'm trying to be as nice as poss.to the wheel-bearings -Any thoughts gang?
-I'm not having a Clio V6 lookalike,just pondering the possibilities ..
Stereo-console (a la Maison) going in tomorrow-I think the original one in front of the heater takes up too much nice floor-space and looks a bit "outtaplace"anyways..Sorry!
2way 18cm dia.speakers already fitted on inner-kick panels (also a la Maison)

Much ado about da F4 these days! -R.

Yes, hubcap thread size is M12x150.

Personally, I am no big fan of wide tyres on an R4, especially when fitted on wheels with different offset. You upset the very nice suspension/steering geometry of the R4 (you are correct about wheel bearings by the way), while gaining almost nothing (except maybe if Roffen is fitted with a 120 HP engine...).

I'm guessing that the TS wheel you mention are these (as modeled by my F6!)

DSCN0286.jpg

I think 175/70/13 tyres might rub on full lock, I have 165/65/13 and have no problems though. They don't make any great difference to handling and steering although they don't improve it either! However, I think look pretty good - especially on vans!

HI Angel!-I'm quite happy with the 145/80 I've got on now,but thought I'd wear these others out as it's a shame to just throw them away-as I've got nothing else they would fit..
Since going motorways down to Theany I was thinking of giving them a try-I will put on my thinking-cap,but fear you might be correct here.Hm!
Lobster!- Yes these are the TS wheels I got. I might get one tire mounted to make sure it doesnt rub anything first. I agree-they do look good on the F4 -and on your F6 as well c",) -R.

Actually, that reminds me - I have a spare set of these wheels with new tyres although I'm not sure quite how old the tyres are. Might chuck them on the GTL before Thenay...

BTW, anyone know how to workout the date of manufacture from the information on the sidewall?

Edit, thanks to Miss Google and Mr Pirelli, I now know how to work out the date of manufacture. Linky here if you want to do the same -

http://www.pirelli.com/mediaObject/...ut_tyres/about_tyres/original/about_tyres.pdf

Anyway, it seems that my tyres were made in the 22nd week of 2000. From a visual inspection they are in perfect condition, no cracking on the sidewalls or anything. But they are still 11 years old, are they safe enough to use?

Last edited:
if stored out of the sun and reasonably dry they should be ok-if there's no cracks etc and if they havent hardened.Give them a try ,see how they act especially when you brake hard.. -I've used 15yrs old winter-tires ,all say
they are shot but I got up all icey hills,while my neighbour on his new rubbers had to take the bus .......................................................-R.

Back