Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A word of caution

altatlock

Enthusiast
Make sure the clutch plates not stuck to your fly wheel before you install a standing engine mmmm! Sounds like new years eve, in out ,in out shake it all about best A clear consience is usually a sign of bad memory

If the plate is stuck to the flywheel then get someone to sit in the car and depress the clutch, then just take a screwdriver and lightly lever the driven plate away from the flywheel, it worked for me. If it's stuck on the splines then it might be a bit more involved.
Alan.

Sounds good to me, I have adjusted the clutch lever up so much not realising that it was stuck,(plonker) so I wont need anybody to press the pedal.I have tried starting it in gear so far has not worked nearly gone through workshop wall.Thanks for the tip will try tomorrow.best Alan

stuck clutch

:smile:
If the plate is stuck to the flywheel then get someone to sit in the car and depress the clutch, then just take a screwdriver and lightly lever the driven plate away from the flywheel, it worked for me. If it's stuck on the splines then it might be a bit more involved.
Alan.

Nope had to drop gear box and prise plate of pressure plate,gearbox was a bugger to slot back in,will finish re assembly sunday.Best

Back