Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Alpine Gone-NEW Alpine Arriving ???

reidalpine

Enthusiast
SO-sold off my Alpine V6 Turbo,money put in oven expecting to Rise.
Been in contact with Renault Sport Dieppe but they're still keeping all info pretty close
so am left waiting (without knowing any) for the new Alpine Vision..
Have had some disturbing news about it: First they said they'd to use the Megane 265
(now 275hp) motor Then they say they'll use the Clio 1,8 -Then they say possibly the
Clio 1,6 Now they say they might go for a Merc-motor
What the HEY????

-If I wanted a friggin' Panzerwagen I'd go right to the Wehrmacht and bought one.....

Don't Renault understad they desp.NEED a spearhead like the Alpine ??? Don't they fathom
it NEEDs to be French through and through ?

-What's the point of flying the flag high and proud if the hill is lost?

On a brigher note:Roffen is now in the heated garage with space to keep on tinkering through
the Norwegian winter,sitting side by side with me new Harley Sportster Iron which also needs
some tender Love. harley being Harley a totally modern bike with digital spritz etc.otherwise built like it was still the 60's....
-Anyone on here know who builds a decent aluminium /quarter cafe fairing?? -Please spill!

We've still got somewhat decent weather over here,no snow or ice as of yet but we're def.
going in the wrong direction for me anyways.skis are only useful if made of wood,cut at foots length they make for good kindling to get the fire going!
And on that positive note I'm wishing all of you a speedy recovery.............................-Reid.

Last edited:
It sounds like yhey haven't quite figured out their concept yet. It's a pity fuel economy prompts cars to use 4 cylinder engines when they should have a V6.

rumour has it their plan is an in-step Alpine powered by a 4 cyl. Then they (hopefully)will release a serious model with 6 cyl.
(Alpine bought back the Alpine-trade-name plus the production rights to the PRV-based 6cyl from Ventury that bought it
from them some years earlier..

I just love the PRV 6cyl as it is low-stressed but had loads of torque and in my book you can't go much better than a 6cyl
even coupled to a turbo (or two) it is unsurpassed. Totally "civil" in cross-town traffic and still throught -and-through driving-
machine whenever you want..

-I have already sent off my wish-list to Santa and as I've been a good boy, there Is still hope.

As you Malcolm I am worried they drag their feet to the extent some potential buyers will lose patience and take the easy-route
and end up with one of those Flat-hammered VW,s ie Porche :o (good quality i'll give them that,but I'd rather live with a sports-
car with known quirks as long a its a proper sportscar..(= Alpine) :whistle: Reid

Back