Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

An Italian One

Azazello

habitué
D'oh!
I see now this section of the forum and I have already posted quite a few times...
Excuse my bad manners...
I am Andrea, from Tarquinia, an ancient etruscan city on the Tirreno sea, a little north of Rome.
I own a 1991 r4, white, wich is just repainted (only the outside)...
I am a biologist, but I work as a farmer; my interests are agriculture (of curse), carpentry and cooking.
The r4 is one of my favourite cars since i was a boy, so when I begin working seriously and decided I could afford a car (more than 4 years ago) I piloted my choice to this old passion... R4 is more than a car, is a philosophy, a way of life...

Andrea scripsit.

It's probably a bit late now,but I've only just found this part of the forum too, so I'm feeling very guilty as I've posted a fair few comments. Please excuse me. We've had our R4 for nearly 3 years now, it belonged to a friend of ours before us and I collected it from Derek Flavell for her, and feel in love with it on the way home from Kent. When our friend went to work in Canada the 4 became ours. She's returned to the UK now but thankfully said we can keep the car as we have given it a good home. I hope you will all excuse me for this rather late introduction. Brian

Hello both! Good to hear your backgrounds.

Andrea, 1991 is very young for a R4. Perhaps it is in very good condition?

Jonathan

I live in a warm climate, so I do not think has rust problem to the chassis (nothing visible, at least).
I have painted the external, it was bumped and has some rust (not serious).
Now I have to treaten on the mechanical side. I have to put on new dampers and, as I discovered this evening, to change the head gasket...
I read on this forum that probably the latter production is somewhat better as chassis quality...
Here in Italy r4 was a very popular car, for farmers, hunters, brick-layers and so on; it was produced and registered till 1992, and there are quite a lot of them still circulating. Prices are going up, I found some days ago a beautiful penicillium-green one, painted very little time ago, 62k km, gpl... I think it is one of the last production, 956 as mine. Price asked: 3500 euros... quite a lot...

Andrea scripsit.

Here I am again, to show you my last love...

The one on the left is of a friend of mine that offered us a lunch during the travel to collect the new one; The one on the right is my "old" young one...

Now they sleep together in a rather tiny garage... I need more room to work!

I was prepared for rust, not for moss...

From our last meeting in 1th may, "worker's day" in Italy.

10260039_10203863097647869_2125239180327162411_n.jpg

Nice graphics!

Does it have a bench seat up front, like earlier Italian market R4s?

Nice graphics!

Does it have a bench seat up front, like earlier Italian market R4s?

No, she doesn't... just 2 separate seats as the modern ones!
But I'd love the bench front seat!

Back