Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Another year, another 5000 miles and another MOT

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..Yes Dulcie Bella flew yet again through her MOT today although it should have been done in November!!

But I do have a little problem Malcolm...when you require a good pub lunch and have an upper ball joint going spare and ready to install...please let me know!!

• P v.jpg
    P v.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 118
  • CIMG0027 c v.jpg
    CIMG0027 c v.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 125
Well done with the MOT. How many miles have you managed now? I've been trying to catch up but so far I've only managed 112786. I know you must still be ahead.

Your timing is off though. I'm disappearing off to Scotland tomorrow for an indeterminate period (of roughly 2 weeks) and at the end of February there's a chance of disappearing off to Italy for another indeterminate period (maybe 6 months).

Somewhere between the two could be a plan, though I'd have to get hold of an upper balljoint.

Extrodinary Malcolm...our mileages are so close..

..As I am now on 113750 and you will soon catch me up as Scotland and Italy will pump up the mileage!!

What fun - Italy that is and keep us up to speed on when and where..

The ball joint isnt urgent as it was on The Advisory Note as was a suggestion that I am their Favourite Customer - Mainly as I give them all a cd as well as a big tin of Roses Chocolates!!

So have fun and enjoy your Burns Night Haggis!!

Burns once said...If I had known that I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!

Oh dear, you had better explain Robbie Burns to all and sundry!!

Isnt this picture lovely?

I painted it myself !!

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 115
Rubbish link there - here's a better one: http://www.vord.net/friends/burns_02/burns_night_2002.html

For those who don't know: Burns night is officially held at the end of April when it's warm enough for camping, and haggis is prepared by way of tin foil and barbecue. Whisky is normally involved along the way so nobody notices any discrepancies.

I'm catching you up Ian. Should be fairly close in a couple of weeks. I've no idea whether Italy will happen (was only sounded out on the idea) but everything that needs to be done needs to be done before the end of February at the moment.

I passed the 114,000 mile mark today. Have you been on any long trips in the last month Ian or am I catching up?

..You have actually overtaken me Malcolm..

..In a mileage sense - I am on 113893 BUT and this is a huge BUT, I noticed today that both my headlights have been smashed!!

I dont think it is malicious damage but could it have been big bits of grit from gritting lorries?

So, which of my nice R4 chums has a couple of good non rusted headlights I could have?

• CIMG0420.jpg
    CIMG0420.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 75
Woohoooooo :D I win.

For headlamps every secondhand one has problems with the silvering. But they are available new from Der Franzose for about 29 euros each plus 16 euros post.

..Sadly I am now completely out of money Malcolm

As my Pozi Scheme has been rumbled AND I got almost nothing for my art last week when I had hoped for over £1550 for it!!

So unless I rob our local HSBC Bank I will be unable to buy new headlights.

Wasnt it strange that although I had promised anyone bidding their money back, most of my supposed R4 chums seemed to be out that night having fun !!

So, from now on I will now be relying on the Barter System to live until my next bit of original art is ready for sale.

So I have decided to spend the rest of my life SKIING - Spending the Kids Inheritance!!

Anyone want this original Van Gogh in exchange for 2 good matching left hand drive non rusted headlights complete with attached Capot?

• CIMG1492 email.jpg
    CIMG1492 email.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 73
I wouldn't bother robbing the HSBC as it seems to have lost all its money.

The esteemed members of the R4 forum did not bid on your artwork as you told us Pepper was bidding. As we were being honourable we knew not to bid against friends!

..Dont worry about my Headlights team..

..My wife reminded me last night that I had in fact sold my Van Gogh in January last year for £43.6 million.......... but I never cashed the Sotherbys cheque - Silly me!!

So its new lights for me and its........... more skiing for him..

• xvxvx c.jpg
    xvxvx c.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 58
Ian. We are off to France on 4 March for 3 weeks and I would be happy to visit our local scrap yard if you are stuck. We bought a headlight off them a couple of years ago that has been fine but can not recall the price.

..Thats very kind of you to volunteer to help..

..And for such kindness, I will send you a little gift when I get back but we are also off to France today and will be off to the junk yard asap...

Does anyone else want anything small?

I thought I would just ask on the site, but like the bidding on my R4 Art, the offers of 2 headlights didnt come flooding in!!

• CIMG2397.jpg
    CIMG2397.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 58
Well, Ian ...
if you pop down to the scrap yard ... could you please keep an eye out for headrests, two blue or black leatherette ones would be nice.
They need to be the R4 spacing, though: the holes are ca. 18mm in diameter and ca. 26cm apart (measured from the positions furthest apart).

TIA
Robert

..Guess what I found attached to my old French Renault 4 Capot today?

..And amazingly enough they are complete with the old fab French yellow bulbs - Ideal for London I would say and not a bead of rust in sight Malcolm!!

How long do you all think it would take for me to get stopped for yellow bulbs? Do you think anyone would mind?

I know you are going to remind me that they will need modifying for Dulcie Bella in Blighty Malcolm - so carry on and remind me what I need to do to make them work for a right hand drive please?

I can report it was blue skies and shirtsleeve weather here in Western France today and it has charged my batteries no end..

I have decided today that we are 'over boated' here in France so while I am on line...Does anyone want to buy:

A Renault 4 yellow Topper Spice complete with road and launching trailer..
A Renault 4 Laser training scull..without oars
A Renault 4 wooden 10m long double rowing scull without oars and outriggers

Thats it for today..

Stan Still

• CIMG3079.JPG
    CIMG3079.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 42
My reading of the MOT manual for headlamps is that yellow bulbs are OK so long as both headlamps have the same colour bulbs.

There aren't any modifications required to use funny French bulbs in UK headlamps. Funny French headlamps are another matter and Fredrick the Frog provides detailed instructions for those faced with such situations.

It was lovely here this afternoon. Ermintrude sailed through her MOT today and was awarded near maximum points for style (those deducted were because I'd not got around to doing a crash repair at the back yet. It's only been 5 years).

There were some good headlights on a F6 van in the scrappies at Chantonnay if you're going over that way, but even they cost me 15 euros a piece!

Hi everyone!

Ahh, I'd only read page one when I posted the last rubbish!

Sounds like you're all sorted!

..Keep up Pepper, keep up

...and we are all waiting on tenterhooks to hear what you think of your £1.20 Renault 4 Unique Art that Snappy Snaps professionally printed for a bit more - I am assuming it has arrived by now?

• CIMG3082.JPG
    CIMG3082.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 40
Back