Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any events in France, Belgium or the Netherlands?

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
I fancy taking my 'new' R4 over the Channel in the next few months, to drive along some familiar roads. Are their any events fairly close to the Channel ports which might interest me? Too old for camping these days.

I fancy taking my 'new' R4 over the Channel in the next few months, to drive along some familiar roads. Are their any events fairly close to the Channel ports which might interest me? Too old for camping these days.
You've got a 2CV too, haven't you Paul?
German National 2CV meeting, near Belgian border, end of July.
ICCCR, Netherlands, 2nd weekend in August.
I'm sure either would welcome a R4.

I believe there's also a joint 2CV & R4 meeting in Belgium over the last weekend in July, but I can't remember where I saw it advertised.

Yes I do although I imagine she will be sold in the next few weeks. I did drive to the ICCCR in the Netherlands a few weeks ago - it's also called the Waggel (after the ducks) - and found it a bit strange. It was attached to a steam rally with lots of traction engines and the like. Groups with H-vans surrounded by windbreaks, all keeping themselves to themselves. Still I do like Holland so that might be an option. The joint meeting sounds interesting too, thanks.

Yep and looking forward to it already :laughing: Paul, you're never to old to go camping, we still do and off to Orkney ( Hi Stan ) in August for three weeks in the F6 ( The other Paul's ex van ) :clapping:

Yes I do although I imagine she will be sold in the next few weeks. I did drive to the ICCCR in the Netherlands a few weeks ago - it's also called the Waggel (after the ducks) - and found it a bit strange. It was attached to a steam rally with lots of traction engines and the like. Groups with H-vans surrounded by windbreaks, all keeping themselves to themselves. Still I do like Holland so that might be an option. The joint meeting sounds interesting too, thanks.
The Waggel meeting is not the ICCCR.
I've been to the Waggel meeting a couple of times (several years ago) and agree that it was a bit weird (and I probably won't go again). The ICCCR is held in a different country every 4 years and is a huge meeting with thousings of participants. Last time it was in Yorkshire.

Actually in all of the years I've done camping, I can't ever recall having a decent nights sleep. Noisy campers boozing until 3, a bursting bladder, a sloping ground, too cold, too hot, poor toilets and showers. Not any more thanks.

Retro, Yes you are right , the ICCCR is not the Waggel, and looks very promising. Whilst I am happy to go solo, does anyone else care to join me in driving there? I would these days go for B&B rather than camping. Say leave via Diver mid-Friday, return mid-Sunday? Just a thought.

It sounds like you're only intending to be there for the Saturday then (?).
As I'll be selling in the flea-market each day, I want to be there for the whole event, so, (if I decide to come home for the 8/9 days between the two meetings), I'll probably get the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk early on the Wednesday morning. (The ICCCR starts on the Thursday morning and I think camping entry is from the Wednesday..?). I'll probably get the return ferry on the Monday evening.

Diver -eh Paul! -would that be the newest Stena-Line sub or what? No point in getting a window-table then.. -R.
Retro, Yes you are right , the ICCCR is not the Waggel, and looks very promising. Whilst I am happy to go solo, does anyone else care to join me in driving there? I would these days go for B&B rather than camping. Say leave via Diver mid-Friday, return mid-Sunday? Just a thought.

Retro

The event you have heard about is organised by the R4L Club de Belgique and is being held at the Circuit Francis Maitlet, at Chambley on 13 and 14 August. It involves a 6hr endurance race between 2CVs and R4s, a treasure hunt and other festivities.

Retro

The event you have heard about is organised by the R4L Club de Belgique and is being held at the Circuit Francis Maitlet, at Chambley on 13 and 14 August. It involves a 6hr endurance race between 2CVs and R4s, a treasure hunt and other festivities.
That sounds like the one.

Thank you BG. This sounds just the sort of event which I'd like but it is just three or four days before our long awaited trip to the US to see New England in the Fall so I will give it a miss. But thanks for letting me know. Any similar and earlier events in the Netherlands?

Back