Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any idea where these go ?

Which ? Top or bottom ?

Do they fit between the steering rack and chassis ?

Cheers

Thanks Petak.

What about the ones on the top of the picture

Think they are supposed to fit on front suspension upright where bolt through chassis at top

top ones - Paul is right as just recently dismantled mine.

bot ones certainly follow shape of steering rack mounting lugs so suspect correct

Thanks chaps it was six months ago when I removed them and couldn't remember where they went. Cheers.

On another note your cill plates and template are still waiting to be posted. The post office is very near to my house and now they open late I can get them away quickly

To kick an old topic: These spacers of the steering rack have some funny thing to them. As in Petak's picture they are positioned with the cutaway facing upwards (thus the little "hook" facing downward), but it seems more logical with the cutaways facing downward.

Does anybody know how they are supposed to be mounted?

If you mount them with the cutaway facing downward, the little "hook" catching onto the ledge makes the spacer be positioned just a little bit more outward (in the direction of the wheel) than when you fit them with the cutaway upward. This only goes for one of the two sides (don't remember if it was the passenger's side or the driver's side) because the edges of the steering rack don't perfectly allign vertically on account of the lower one being a bit "pointy". Does anybody still follow me?

The steering rack shims need to be fitted correctly as they have got a number stamped on them which sets the steering rack height and they may be different values each side
Not sure if the haynes manual covers this in detail but incorrect fitment will cause Bump steer and not very nice to drive

The steering rack shims need to be fitted correctly as they have got a number stamped on them which sets the steering rack height and they may be different values each side
Not sure if the haynes manual covers this in detail but incorrect fitment will cause Bump steer and not very nice to drive

Dam Dam :o...I didn't mark mine as to which side they came from. I knew I shouldhave. Will have to rely on forensics to work it out :whistle:

Well some how I've got 7 different ones in my box of dismantled rodeo parts
Should only have 4 and as I am putting left hand drive rack onto rhd chassis etc I could be reading the book too when I get that far

Back