Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Aquacar

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Do you all remember a couple of years ago that with great fanfare, an Aquacar was announced and was due to be all the rage?

Well, WE all know that our little baby has been making waves even before Richard Branson was out of short trousers and here are some photos of me on a fishing trip in my AquaFour in Portishead circa 1986!!

Unfortunately Bristol Cily Council had imposed a 15 mile an hour speed limit on the river Avon at the time, so we were unable to do the water skiing that had been planned for later in the day, sadly!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian, despite the blatant violation of Rule 6.9 - a (ii) I thought it worth demonstrating to the newer members that R4s can easily be converted to aquacars, as this picture of Ermintrude shows. :wink:

• aquar4.jpg
    aquar4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 54
Brillant Bluebell

..and where have you been for all these months. We have all (well I have) been very concerned about your welfare, as you will have seen from my threads.

Am so pleased you are back in touch and how appropriate it was of me to give you the catalyst to post up your AuqaFour pic although I get a little mental buzz in my head for repetition as we may well have seen that pic before but as its so relevant and germain and its so nice to have you back, we will let you off.

Now your old email address keeps bouncing emails back to me telling me you have fled the country so please email me at some stage with your new french email address as I have a photo you may find of interest - one that nearly made it onto the BBC website of all place.

And for all you newer members, even the Egyptians showed due respect for Renault 4's!!

Sadly this website is not that old but some of the contributors are of course!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back