Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Aug 19th 2012 : International Oldtimer Meeting in Wervik (b) : special Renault !

wolwervik

19/08/2012

12th International Oldtimer Meeting
in Wervik (Belgium)

The largest free classic car jumble and oldtimer meeting in Belgium and Northern France !

The local classic car club of Wervik(Belgium) proudly invites you to his 12th International Oldtimer Meeting on 19. august 2012.

This static oldtimer is considered as the largest free classic car & oldtimer meeting in Belgium and northern France. Last year, we welcomed nearly 600 classic cars of all kinds, and over 75 booths with vintage and secondhand parts.

The city park that borders the river Lys (which in his turn marks the French-Belgian border) is turned into a patchwork of all kinds of classic cars, antique motorcycles, military vehicles, vintage sports cars, ... All brands and models are welcome as long as they are over 25 years.

Typical for the event : over 600 cars in the green part of the park, over 10,000 visitors coming from five different countries, the atmosphere of nostalgia and vintage mechanics, ...

The International Meeting of Oldtimer Wervik is completely free: both for the visitor (entrance free), and for the participant (position and standing free).

The central theme this time: Renault in the 60s: from the 4CV, over the Dauphine and the Caravelle to the Floride.

For the edition of 2012 was provided for additional space and additional catering.

The city of Wervik lays on the Belgian-French border, just 15 kms further than Ieper / Ypres, and is easy to reach by Calais (ferries & chunnel 110 km). We're only a 275 kms drive from Londen !

There is a possibility to camp on the event site. We can also provide information about the various hotels and bed&breakfast accomodations in the region.

More information on www.oldtimermeeting.be

I'll have to see what my other halfs plans are for next summer!

It would be great to visit a Belgian oldtimer meet, as my friend Ralph has an MGB and lives in Brussels and it would be great to meet up with him at the same time!

I shall put the half baked idea of a plan I have to my better half and see what she says...

Edit... I almost forgot I have friends in Tourcoing and did I mention I worked in Belgium for 12 months and love the place :hug:

Back