Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Barbarians !!

galaxian

Enthusiast
That's what happens when a barbarian in front of you with a Rav 4, decides to put reverse gear without looking in his mirror !!
The garage told me that this hood is very difficult to repair,...almost impossible....
Whish me good luck to find an R4 hood in Greece....!
Hope dies last hum?!

• boom1.jpg
    boom1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 141
  • boom2.jpg
    boom2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 145
Hoods are available new from Renault. Not cheap, but get the other bastard to pay for it.

The insurance of the other party will pay for the damage, but there is a law in greece which says that if the damage repair costs more than the estimated market value of the car, then you have to pay the difference.
I.e this repair including painting is estimated at 800 euros with a used hood, and the market value of the car is estimated at 700 euros, i have to pay 100 from my pocket.
If I order a new hood from Renault, it will cost at least 180 euros for the hood + transport to Greece at least 150 euros...= 320 euros
I don't know if it is worth it.
I'd better try and find a used hood....

Regards

Hello Martin,

Being French myself, I know that the prices in France are very low (c'est le pays d'origine apres tout !).
Being a shop owner I don't have the oportunity nor the time to travel in my native country, just for a hood.

Can you send the hood over?
If you plan to travel in sunny Greece, don't forget to bring me one...he he

Actually, next time I come to France, I'd better buy a one way airplane ticket and buy an R4 with French plates and drive back through Italy.
= An entire R4 for spares !! (or swap the french plates with the greek one oooops... I never said that he he he......

You are lucky guys !!

Here in Greece, I don't believe there must be more than 100 R4's left all around the country.
But this is again my estimation since there are no official figures...might be more, might be less.

Angel, correct me if I'm wrong

Regards

The curious thing would be that I found the car with the same color so there was no need for the paint job at that time :)

crashfront7nb.jpg

brothersfront4ox.jpg

Thats great !
The 2 R4's are almost identical !

Nevertheless I believe that your hood was definitely repairable.

Cheers

Back