Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Bendix ? front drum brake part

Malcolm Brown

Enthusiast
Hi All,
My GTL has failed its Control Technique road test with a below par front right drum brake reading. On inspection (again) all I can find is what appears to be a bent cross piece (from shoe to shoe) and, on magnifying glass inspection, a stress crack in the part.
All the usual suppliers do not list this piece as available. Does anyone out there have one lying about that I could buy please?
Attached photo is of the piece.

Thanks for looking

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1
I would not think that is the cause of low brake pressure ,more likely a stuck wheel cylinder or glazed shoes, you could straighten that and weld the split and replace the wheel cylinder ,or you can buy a complet brake kit including that piece and have new brakes both sides.

Above part now straightened and crack welded and filed as good as new, Brake shoes are brand new, wheel cylinder, brand new, brake fluid drained and replaced with new, brakes properly bled. I have ordered a set of new springs etc, watch this space

Maybe one flexible hose slightly blocked had this happen several times not expensive be aware different lengths to disc brake gtls

The problem has been solved and fixed.
I have a drum brake non servo model. The brake Master cylinder has 3 outlets. One for front left, one for front right and one for the two rear drums.

The problem was on the front right outlet on the master cylinder. a partial collapse inside caused 40% loss in hydraulic 'push' to the right front brake. A new master cylinder has sorted the problem and the car is now through its Control Technique examination and 'on the road'. Happy Days!

Back