Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Blanche

Bluebell

Enthusiast
I'm thinking of selling Blanche, the white TL. She's a lovely car but I hardly use her these days as we have also a Megane and the F4. She has been kept in a neighbour's garage all winter while he has been away but now he's back I haven't really anywhere to keep her.

I would have to ask at 1950 euros but she's well worth it. Last year she had a new head gasket and water pump, fitted by the local garage, new shocks (the airfilled ones at the rear) and the bodywork is good. Malcolm did a bit of welding on her a couple of years ago on the front chassis.

She's French registered and has spent most of her life in France. She will be sold with a new CT. We will be happy to provide a little holiday in Burgundy for anyone fetching her.

• Blanche210410.2.jpg
    Blanche210410.2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • Blanche210410.3.jpg
    Blanche210410.3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Blanche210410.7.jpg
    Blanche210410.7.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,064
Last edited:
Blanche the TL

Here are some more photos of Blanche taken this afternoon.

She's a LHD TL with the 956cc engine. One of the latest R4s made as she dates from 1990. She's done 160,000 km which equates to 100,000 miles.

We are near Cluny in southern Burgundy (Dept 71) France. If you are interested please pm me or email me at maryatchriswicks.co.uk.

• Blanche210410.6.jpg
    Blanche210410.6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Blanche210410.4.jpg
    Blanche210410.4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Blanche210410.5.jpg
    Blanche210410.5.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,091
Well Cusack, I hope you pursue your interest in Blanche - she is a truly lovely car. I was very interested myself and expressed a firm interest to Bluebell - only to be led astray by another R4 (which I couldnt really afford!) - and thus had to pull out.

I didnt bother enquiring about Blanche initially as it was far too far away to realistically collect - or so I thought. When I found the EasyJet fare from Gatwick was less than £30, I was hooked! Along with a lovely leisurely drive back along French N roads, it would be like hiring a lovely old car without ever having to return it.

Not sure if Llandudno is quite so easy or cheap - but R4s this lovingly cared for don't appear very often - and if my other purchase falls through, then I'm back in the running for Blanche!

Please note, Bluebell paid me absolutely zilch for this glowing prose - bless you Mary!

Hello Bluebell and greetings from the sunny West coast

I have a young friend that wants to buy a R4 and I am wondering if Blanche is still for sale and if so, whether you or Captain Van R are planning a return to Blighty in the near future and could get her back to England?

Have a fab East France day

Sir Ian

• CIMG5518 e.jpg
    CIMG5518 e.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 744
Hello Commander Stanbury,
I still have Blanche but there are two potential buyers in the pipeline at the moment. Thank you for thinking about us. We are returning to the UK in October but only to Scotland and not by R4!

Can I give you a shout if I still have her after another month or two?

Meanwhile have a great day at Le Moulin Boudin.

Thanks Bluebell

..I will wait on your 'Shout' in a month or two..

Logging photos look great - do you do the cutting or does that tractor in the background have a circular saw?

Blanche is still for sale

I still have Blanche for sale as my potential buyers have dropped out without coming to see her. Yes, it is a long way to Burgundy but we have accommodation if anyone wants to stay for a break.

Blanche is in tip top condition as she recently had her contrôle technique and has had everything put right by the local garage. She has two new tyres, new brake pads, and a new silencer. I don't think there is anything else that needs doing for quite a long time.

Let me know if you are interested. I am looking for 1950 euros.

Last edited:
..Much to my horror Bluebell..

..My 'R4 Godson' has apparently now bought a MGB GT GE GF GH GI GK GL so probably wont now be in a financial position to buy Blanche even though I gave you, your accommodation and Blanche a great write up - Shame.

Hi Bluebell - poor old Blanche sounds a bit like the jilted bride - so many suitors, so few turning up.
I dont think people realise how cheap and easy it would be to fly over and collect. Their loss!
If you end up having to keep Blanche, I guess it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.
(note to other readers - I am also one of Blanches suitors. Long story!)

I think you've hit the nail on the head snes! Perhaps I haven't been trying too hard as I don't really want Blanche to go. But I feel she isn't getting the attention she deserves and I'd be more than happy to let her go to someone who appreciates her.

Hi Mary,
We have had 3 Renault 4's years ago when the kids were tiny and really loved them. We now have a house in France which we visit for about 3 months of theyear and thought it would be great to have another! Is she still for sale? Can you tell me her year and mileage and I'm not sure of the equivalent MoT system in France, but are there any serious problems?
We are coming over next week, look forward to hearing from you. You can contact me on ron@huggins.me.uk
Best regards,
Ron & Norma Huggins

Hi Ron,
The French equivalent to the MOT is the contrôle technique (CT) but it needs doing only once every two years. Blanche had hers done in July. She needed 2 new tyres, new exhaust and new brake pads and she's fine. She is a 1990 TL. She's done roughly 160,000km (100,000m).

I would love Blanche, but...

I am of the modern generation where to wait for anything is a severe waste of time and with instantaneous access to everything, it was just a little too long to wait to see if Blanche was to be sold or not.

Ebay and many millions of other classified sites beckoned and slowly the charm of the MGB Roadster seduced me; and I succumbed to it!

I would have loved a R4 and have wanted one for over 7 years (considering my ripe old age of 21, that is a very long time).

I now have my beautiful MGB (Maggie) but would love an R4 to call my own. Currently the problem is storage space, I simply don't have any more (I am already in trouble for using up all the room in the garage for my MGB and a space on the driveway for my lovely Punto).

I would like Blanche to know that I really would love her if I had a little space - and if I was prepared to pay another lot of road tax!

Thank you to Ian for his fantastic detective abilities in searching for a car and I am only sorry that my impatience got the better of me - I just couldn't imagine that once someone had expressed an interest in such a lovely car they wouldn't buy her!

Best wishes,

Edd

blanch

Hello, I couldn't work out whether Blanche has been sold or not. I am very interested...please let me know :)

thanks

Hello HUMYUM, :hug: Blanche is indeed still for sale. Nobody has yet managed to get as far as deepest Burgundy to have a look at her! I'd be delighted to see you. PM me.

Back