Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Build date.

deesee

Anybody clued up on finding out how old a r4 is by the oval plate? All documents have been lost. It's an r2106 with a 845cc motor. Thanks

Thank you. What are these 6 digit numbers? In the chassis number or oval plate numbers?

Thank you. What are these 6 digit numbers? In the chassis number or oval plate numbers?
It's the bottom number on the oval plate. Note that Renault's production year may not coincide with the actual year - for example, my F6 (an R2370) has the number 365010 on the oval plate, but was made in the second half of 1983.
The chassis number (stamped on the chassis next to the offside seat) will also help. If you post more info (and photos), someone on here will be able to help, but you might only be able to get it down to 'made in the first/second half of 19XX' rather than an exact date of manufacture.
Good luck!

It's the bottom number on the oval plate. Note that Renault's production year may not coincide with the actual year - for example, my F6 (an R2370) has the number 365010 on the oval plate, but was made in the second half of 1983.
The chassis number (stamped on the chassis next to the offside seat) will also help. If you post more info (and photos), someone on here will be able to help, but you might only be able to get it down to 'made in the first/second half of 19XX' rather than an exact date of manufacture.
Good luck!
Number on the oval is j013172 which is why I queried the list as they are 6 digit but none start with a zero.

Back