Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Carburettor Diagram

jayar

Enthusiast
Hello,

Could somebody kindly direct me to a link for an exploded diagram of a Zenith 28IF carburettor? Might be my lack of expertise, but I am not having any luck with Google or with the "Search" function here. I foolishly dropped a piece of metal down the throat whilst the air cleaner was off, which is jammed under the butterfly and would like to see what is within before I take the top off..

Thanks

jayar

Is the metal trapped under the choke flap? If you can't retrieve it using a magnet then just remove the screws holding the top and gently tap it with the plastic end of a screwdriver or similar to break the seal. Lift the top off vertically, remove the piece of metal and replace but do tighten the screws in sequence.

However, if you take the top off and discover sediment in the float chamber then you may wish to clean it out.

Many thanks Steve,

I did as you suggested, there is a lot less inside there than I had imagined. I have cleaned it out but one question - I did not see where the small plastic "H" was fitted with respect to the top of the float, as it came off when I disturbed the top. Does it fit across or along the arms of the float?

Thanks Billy - but the arms of the float are fixed to the body of the carburettor by the spindle. This "H" seems to just sit on top, and appears to fit either way - fore-and-aft or across. As this is my first time with the "lid off" the carburettor and I do not have a Haynes here, I am not sure which way it should go.

It's been so long that I took the float off a 28IF but from what I remember it doesn't matter which way. If the 'H' piece (the float bridge) looks as if it can be fitted both ways then maybe it can.

Back