Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Cheap cheap 4 on ebay

renault4mad

Enthusiast
whats the catch with this 4 on ebay

to good to be true i think...

It may be the "underneath needs serious attention" thats stopping people bidding?

would be good if I had the space at the moment, but I'm a bit stuck as I still haven't got rid of the last 4 I'm breaking.

i got plenty of space but not the equipment to get it to Penzance..
Anybody willing to transport down here for a fee or know someone that would be most helpfull

Maddening isn't it. I'd have it to repair as it looks decent but I'm cutting down (got rid of a R5 Gordini last week). If it's still there in 9 days I'll save it from the scrapper, but will give someone else a chance first.

Pepper,
i have just listed my twingo on ebay... maybe we could do a deal...
if someone brings this 4 down FREE to me they can have the twingo FREE to take back with them

spare parts

Andrew

says its sold already
anyone off here then>?

lucky as it was only guildford and id be in the dog house if i buy anymore old cars !

..I dont think it did sell...

..As the guy told me he had messed up with the listing and was withdrawing it

Perhaps he will re-list it?

I was going to buy it for us all to plunder and had asked him how quickly it had to be moved.

Hmm, it didn't LOOK like it was a messed up lisiting, unless the photos were of a different car! It did look very well looked after for it to have such underside problems...

well if it comes up i have a towing dolly if anyone i know off here needs to borrow it

The wait is finally over!

Hi Folks,
Well I am indeed the lucky person :smile: to have been given the opportunity to own this great R4. It did seem too good to be true and after a 5 month wait my patience seems to have paid off.
Just to summarise the car has had a respray in the last year, full service history, one careful owner from new, and the work necessary to get it back on the road is welding in 'the usual' areas underneath. I estimate it will take up to £1,250 to get this back on the road and given that it has cost me £200 to purchase I think I have been blessed!
Due to a lack of a garage it will be a case of getting the work done by my local mechanic but thereafter I plan to do all future maintenance.
I would also like to add that the lady I bought this from was truly an enviable and full of life character whom has always considered this car to be a big part of her life and therefore cherished it so much. ( I plan to do the same!)
So many ideas of travelling Europe in this next year!
Sorry for gibbering on............very excited........ :)

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 77
Back