Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Classic Body Part lost

Firstandbest

Enthusiast
Hi team

Popping up to wish you all a great weekend. Three weeks ago I was preparing to celebrate our Silver Wedding when my Appendix growled! Local A&E discovered something more sinister and here I am at home minus a kidney. I'll spare the details but I was operated on with the help of Da Vinci Robottics! Prognosisis is great!

Great clip here - if only we could use the machines to sort out our R4 Chassis problems! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_fUVBdwmwA&feature=related

Many of you met my co-driver and brother, Steve, at Thenay and Brooklands. Steve is dropping in tomorrow and we will re-enact our Theney breakfast on the bonnet of the car! Ham and Cheese stuffed in Croissants, juice, coffee . C'est la vie :hug:

Let's book the next meet soon!

Mark

Thank you Trouble is there is minimal to show and minimal opportunity to milk the sympathy! Fortunately I am house bound for October and next goal is driving R4

Peeling a grape now the traditional way!

Lobster ... Worst bit was the morphine. Visions of you as a Concorde captain in full uniform meeting us all at Brooklands next year. Second was that I let Derek have my car as an auction prize. Then I woke up with a pretty nurse. Now that bit was real! :hug:

Hi Mark, sorry you've been poorly, bit of a scare for you I imagine. Glad to see you are now on the mend, and hope you get behind the wheel of the 4 as soon as possible. Regards to Steve, and hope to see you at a meet sometime in the near future, Thenay perhaps, or do you fancy a trip west next summer to Somerset? Renault4mad and I are hoping to have a meet there near Porlock. All the best, Brian.

Hi Brian

Thank you and what a lovely idea! Let's start some basic planning for a late spring / summer weekend in Somerset. Any others? When I was 17 I drove several times in my first Four to an airfield , Dunkeswell, near Honiton from Bromley. I'd love to 'Go West Young Man' again and bro Steve could join us via the M5. Tourists would wonder which was older, Stonehenge or the 4 if I parked up en route :p

If there are a few of us perhaps have a swap/sale of surplus items.

All the very best.

Mark

Hi Mark, hope you can make it and I like the idea of a swap meet. When we've decided on a date we will post it in the events section to make it "official", and then look forward to as many 4L enthusiasts as possible attending. The nice thing is, Porlock is not too far from the M5 (30 miles approx), so fairly easy to get to. We wouldn't expect you folks to slog all the way down here to Cornwall, it took me 9 hours to get to Brooklands last month, the traffic was horrendous. Worth the effort though, what a great day out it was.

Hi Brian

Sounds like we have the makings of a plan! I'm afraid I tend to mothball mine to avoid London roadsalt and so from April the new season opens! Now off to see when Easter falls. And of course the long Jubilee weekend and Olympics. Excuses for this londerner to take to the hills!

Just opened the Mail on Sunday You mag. Feature on r2 presenter Jo Whiley. And a pic of her first car.... Yes, you guessed. A fetching Renault 4. She now has a gtl !

Cheers

Mark

Glad to hear you are OK Mark, sounds like quite a scare. Have you got a nice scar?

Thanks for posting about the You magazine article! There was a one-page article in the free Metro paper on 5 October.

Hi Brian

Sounds like we have the makings of a plan! I'm afraid I tend to mothball mine to avoid London roadsalt and so from April the new season opens! Now off to see when Easter falls. And of course the long Jubilee weekend and Olympics. Excuses for this londerner to take to the hills!

Just opened the Mail on Sunday You mag. Feature on r2 presenter Jo Whiley. And a pic of her first car.... Yes, you guessed. A fetching Renault 4. She now has a gtl !

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark, think that might be the one her bloke has bought for her in the pic, bit low isn't it, even lower than my cars' front end. Reckon those tyres might rub a bit. I wonder if Ms Whiley knows about Clementine.:smile:

Back