Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clear indicators

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
Looking through my photos from Thenay '11 and I found one of this customised grille. How about those indicators eh? I didn't know you could get clear ones. They look the same as the standard amber lenses apart from the colour.

• _MG_8773.jpg
    _MG_8773.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 235
I like clear indicator lenses....

6-2.jpg

They are exactly the same as the coloured ones and were standard fitment to earlier R4s.

They're pretty, I'll be on the lookout for them in French scrapyards one day :) They'd look even better with LED indicators.

Talking of indicators, I'd like to see if it's possible to make the inner part of the housing more reflective. Chroming and silver-plating are much too expensive, but I might see if silver spray-paint can make them any better.

Puddlefluff, I don't know anything about those headlights. They might not even have had glass lenses, I'm not sure :\

Hi Tom-silver paint won't make any diff,but if you cover inner-part wheer you want them more reflective with some diluted contact-glue (diluted so it won't dry too fast) and then Slide on some ordinary baking-foil (alu-foil) You'll be able to get it quite smooth just using your fingers to slide and squeeze it in place. Use larger than needed alu-foil and let overshhoot be till dry then just nip it off.
OR you can use alu-foil that comes with glued backside Called BARE METAL FOIL -for scale-model use... This can even be buffed to a Real chrome-like finish. ;) -R.

Back