Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clio Sport insurance

john'o

hi i wunder if u can help me i am lookin 2 but a clio sport on a 02 plate but lookin for any cheap car insurnce i am 20 years ov age and i would like 2 no if any 1 else had this prob and wot insurace r they wiv now many thats john

Insurance

Whatever happened to the English language.

English has become much more phonetic since you moved over to France. Indeed a new version of the forum software was launched this morning featuring predictive posting. From now on when you start a word with the letter 'L' (without the inverted commas) it will not only complete the word 'lol' but also offer the option of adding m8 afterwards.

Insurance for a 20 year old in a Clio Sport will likely cost as much as the car. Try a lot of phoning around and ask on a Clio forum too (this one is more of a Renault 4 forum). Prices will vary a lot between companies. Performance Direct might be worth a shot if you haven't tried them yet.

April Fool to you too. I've had emails in French too which I've had to read aloud before I could figure them out. lol m8 - Oh it works!

john'o, have you tried the usual moneysupermarket, GoCompare, confused.com sites? Superquote are supposed to cater for young drivers.

Eh!!!! Wad ah ya Meen!!!!!!

Yees lot or a lode a poshies....... Av studyd wurdswath an shelly, divvent tel me a canna spel! ...... worra cheak!!!!........ yews lot oh swankin off cos yeev got sum gee see ess ees!!!!! Gerra lyfe man!!!! Al brae yeh windis in an let yeh tiyers doon.... wots rong wih cultoorul dyvursiti. Gerra desent mota! :)

Aw contrair Flowa

Wuh nede thinna dicshunerys!!....hu rote it!!!!!!!?????????????????????? ......etimoligy...worra lora yooslus hassel .......rahby borns an shaikspeea didint hev eny ;)... am lurnin frensh insted .....
Yuws lot nede weels thet hes a raydeo an powa steerin an wyndiup windas! - yer in thu mota stoan ayj !!!!!! ....... bonjooah an ovwah.:)
BTW. Big :hug: to John'o.

Cheaper Insurance.

Visit the local car auction - there are many good lower mileage trade-in bargains (£450+) if you are careful and patient. Under 1.2 litre is cheapest to insure. (Mk11 Micra, mk1 Suzuki GLS or mk1 Corsa are favourites for cheaper insurance.)
Get 25yrs+ family member to go with you (your your cash -you own) and they can add you as 'named driver' on their new insurance - you pay for car - your receipt/you own. (Some auctions, especially B.C.A., will not release the car unless the new 'keeper' (not owner) is registered on the v5 which they send to to DVLA. - family member must sign/date v5 on collection of car - be prepared for this.) It's going to cost you around a £1000 for insurance (your age, lack of driving experience and the keeper's postcode control price.) Cheapest quote - just get mobile :cool: and get a year or two of careful accident-free motoring under your belt then go for for more performance. Keep in touch - Good luck John'o - my first motor was a £65 'battered banger' (Baby Austin A35) :shock: - you never forget your first chariot! :)

A friend had his 18 year old son as a named driver on a Subaru Impreza. After the crash the insurance company investigated a bit and it turned out the Impreza was the son's daily driver, so they didn't pay up. Which seems fair enough as they were insuring for something different.

Do be aware that the insurance companies are cracking down on that sort of thing, so you could well be an uninsured driver in a legal sense if anything went wrong.

PS - there should be a few more options for insurance after the age of 21. If you survive to 25 it starts getting a little more sensible in cost.

Scooby Doo'nt

My youngest and I 'share' his fun 3cyl. Suzy 1.0 GLS while his eco-warrior mum 'car shares' the family barge. Even if I win the national lottery today he'll still not be getting an upgrade - I had wanted him in a governed down isuzu plodder (but his mum loathes 4x4's) until he is thoroughly skilled/experienced enough in driving/roadcraft and his right foot matures. Hopefully when he's able to afford exotic transport he'll have the wherewithall to drive safely and value it. Nothing wrong with a wishlist - got a long one myself - first a 'Hennessy' F6 van :cool: then a Bugatti Veyron, 57 Plymouth, Bond Bug, Honda C50/70/90, Dodge Charger, HD Softail, Aston Martin Vanquish..Errrr....etc.;)

Back