Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clutch repair

lazyduck15

Enthusiast
Hello everybody

I am in need of some support to reassembly the clutch of my R4. I already have refurbished the disk and the plate, but, since I open the assembly I found a piece of wire that resembles me a kind of spring on the fork. Please see attached picture.
Is that the position for the wire?, What is the purpose of it?. It seems to be worn as it does not reach both holes on the side of the fork that I suppose are there for it, so the piece falls from the shown position.
Any help will be appreciated.

dscn1954copy.jpg

This piece of wire is designed to roughly hold the release fork in position on the gearbox backplate. Its ends pass through these holes you noticed,then under two sheet steel tabs welded on the backplate.
It is quite normal for the wire to stretch in removal, try bending them back and check that it holds the fork on the backplate. If not, one or both ends may have broken, in which case you will need to replace it.

Angel

Thanks a lot for your support. I had no opportunity to check your answer until today. I do not think there may be a replacement for this part, so, I will proceed to make a new one using a piece of wire.

Thank you!

Back