Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Crash test

John Doe

Enthusiast
Look what I found... The driver is ok, he has a broken nose and a cut above the eye but other than that everything is ok :) How did I found this? I was trying to buy that orange F4... We couldn't sort out the paperwork so I didn't bought it. Looks damn good to me, passenger area looks pretty good. The speed was above 60km/h.

P1010007_resize.jpg

P1010012_resize.jpg

I'd love to have one of those headrests! I am missing one :(

I have not been able to buy one of these in the UK. I would like to get it, for a reasonable price...

Thanks for posting that - it's really good to see what happens in a crash. Not as bad as I thought it would be :D Especially if the collision was 60km/h.

Cabin deformation is frowned upon in the modern car world, and there's quite a lot of that. Guess the door doesn't really add to the structure. Still, the driver getting away without trouble is really comforting. And no need to spend time trying to get the door open - it's open already. :D

I'm thinking about buying it, the back of the car is ok, many bits can be used and the guy says that engine is ok too. What do you think, what's it worth?

The going price for Renault 4s for spares in the UK is about £50 (very similar to the scrap metal value). There might be a bigger market in BIH as there are more R4s over there that need parts.

When the Slovenia was about to become EU member we were literally flooded by R4's, the were getting rid of older cars and the prices were pretty good, but in our country there is a law that forbids import of cars that are older then 7 years so lot of good R4's were turned into spare parts :( and many were made "legal" by means of switching chassis and engine number. It was not unusual (nor it is now) to pay 100 euros for the registration card (I hope this is the correct word).

Damn! I need an "A" panel like that one- it looks like the only thing on the whole car that isn't bent!!
Glad the chap was OK, it goes to show how strong these beasts are!

That's very helpful as me and my dad were only talking about it just yesterday...Like what the engine does and how safe she would be to me and the passenger. so thanks for that.

would this be your friend the Doctor Vedran?? -in case ask him to quit those red/purple pills NOW! (glad yo all walked away ok) -R.

Back