Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Detailed user manual with technical explanations

igrotti

Enthusiast
Hello all!

You cannot imagine how lucky I was when I discoverd this site

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have silver Renault 4 from 1990. The previous owner did not provide me with any kind of user or tehnical manual. I need sometning about Renault 4.
If anyone can help with something in .pdf or something like that .....

Thanks!!!!!
igrotti2006@yahoo.com

user manual

There is, or at least was a manual in Serbian available from Tehnicka knjiga, Beograd simply called "RENO 4".
Mine is the fifth edition from 1998. I suppose they're still being reprinted ocassionally as there are vast numbers of these vehicles still used as daily drivers in Serbia and hence the need for a manual.
The manual itself is not in any way complete or thorough as one would like it to be but it still is very helpfull and contains some nice drawings that obviosly originate from factory manuals. Go ahead and buy it, it's cheap! I managed to overcome most of the problems that I had with my car using the book and, of course, this nice forum.

Have fun!
________
Hydrocodone rehab advice

Last edited:
Thanks -- Hvala

I tried to find it but there wasn't any available . I will try again of course

Thanks

Although I don't speak French, it will help me since I am new in "Renault 4" world.

hello, excuse me for my English. I have a mauel repair Renault 4 in pdf, it is the book used by the mechanics, but it is into francais.(50Mo) if it interests quelu' made me signs.

the handbook of repair is on emule: to seek MR175. I will put it on a waiter ftp, I send the address by MP to you as soon as that is done.

Hi!

I have an older book "Reno 4 1961-79" by tehnicka knjiga from 1985. I dont know if it is same as the "new" one. I am planing to scan it and upload it somewhere,it may take some time it has about 160 pages to be scaned :)

Good mechanic for R4

I am very disappointed in today’s services. That is the reason why I want to find something with what I ca do it my self. Thank you all for interesting in this thread:roll:

I never allow any mechanic to touch my cars. They aren't interested in doing a quality job - only a quick one.

The Haynes manual is very good. One that covers the GTL (R1128) up to 1986 should be close enough for the 1990 car, but wouldn't cover the 950cc engine. They often appear on ebay.co.uk and Haynes still sell them (for £30 plus postage!) on http://www.haynes.com/

I'm also disappointed with mechanics :( I have a limited knowledge about car mechanics (I have all the tool you can imagine) so I have to use a mechanic from time to time but I hate when they do something and I see it's not OK but they claim that's the way it has to be. Or they say it's an old car you can't expect everything to be perfect :(

Last edited:
Services

Thanks for the tip about book and for the link of course. R4 is simple car it has no computer or something advanced on it, and that is the reason why I want to do it myself.
I have never found a service that will do COMPLETE job. They fix only what they think is completly broken and after a few weeks I have to come back again with another issue.

The Factory manuals are fantastic. I've got MR 61 (from 1970) and there is even a section showing how to convert a saloon body to a Plein Air!

I son't suppose the chassis dimensions are any clearer in the later manuals - there's just a single page in the earlier one and a lot of dimensions are missing.

well 13,4mb takes about 10-20 seconds here...but that is with a 12mbit adsl2 line that does about 1,4mb/s. 8)

but it is true, if you have a dail-up connection..it takes a long time

I have just bought manual MR 176, it is great it has jigs and expoded drawings of all bodywork components, I also paid £25 for new haynes manual from their site as well as a little pocket mechanic one from ebay.
I'd love to get my paws on one of those. Where did you get it?

Back