Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

door locks

dec

Enthusiast
Anyone out there able to give me a idea how to change a couple of front door lock barrels that I'd like to change on my 89 4L . I'm sure it must be relatively straightforward but a steer in the right direction would be helpful. Cheers

Hi Dec
It is straightforward in theory, but fiddly in practice!
There's a good description + pictures here:
la4ldesylvie.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=323

Thanks Andy for that I'll have to psyche myself up to get into this little job( fortunately not urgent) The pictures and site really helpful, Cheers , Declan

Hi Paul,it's true the 4L is residing next to its stablemate Avantime in St Margaret's-at Cliffe(just joined the Forum today) and in fine working order for its 200,000km!

Dec, In that case she must be the R4 I saw advertised a while back from the St.Margaret's area. Welcome to the forum and we must meet up some time. My wife and I took a day trip to Boulogne a couple of weeks ago so would have passed by you. You may not be aware but there are half-a-dozen R4s in Kent with a biggish get together in May at Hole Park near Tenterden.

Dec, In that case she must be the R4 I saw advertised a while back from the St.Margaret's area. Welcome to the forum and we must meet up some time. My wife and I took a day trip to Boulogne a couple of weeks ago so would have passed by you. You may not be aware but there are half-a-dozen R4s in Kent with a biggish get together in May at Hole Park near Tenterden.

Hi Paul,thanks for the welcome nice to know there are a few others in Kent. There was one for sale around here but I saw it after I had bought mine in September from a guy in Northampton shire.The May get together sounds possible so if there are any details perhaps you could send them nearer the time but if your in the area let us know.

Back