Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Driveshaftsizes

renoir cigar

Enthusiast
Hi I have the parts catalogue but still doesn't solve question of what driveshaft I need for a 801 1123 1965 model. I haven't pulled out the driveshaft yet, it's inner boot is the drum shape and is perished completely, are these driveshafts 700mm or 645? And where to get them? I've got Franzose catalogue, but I get the impression they are a bugger to track down the correct ones. I need a simple answer!

Cheers

Steven

Hello
Niether,they are 635 by 35 held on by a roll pin,there should only one gaiter ,g/box end,
filled with oil.Unfortunately they are no longer available,you have to rebuild it and improvise a gaiter,if you have circlips on the spider you can take it apart and just re grease it and the other end is pretty tough if you dont lose the oil.
Auto jumbles might turn something,there was one for sale on leboncoin last week but he would not post it.!

<<snipping>>I need a simple answer!<<snipped>>

He-he! A man after my own heart.....

regards

David

You need the "short" ones, if your car still has the original front suspension. The joint type at either end need not be the same.

I have a pair of them, new , if you are interested.

Hi Angel were you at Thenay? I still can't connect people's pseudonyms to names....

This is the one I'm after, however investigating having mine repaired (if possible) the gearbox end boots are history, the left shaft has later boot, the buggered one has cylinder type boot with clip that looks like it is designed to never be put back on again.

Manual shows this one but size. hmm

If I was to get yours we'd have to work out a good shipping rate as I'm trying to get a velosolex back here from Bordeaux and having a bugger of a time getting someone to transport it by sea.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers

Steven

• driveshaft.jpg
    driveshaft.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 100
No I wasn't at Thenay unfortunately...even though the organizers were kind (or foreseeing) enough to put the Greek flag on the poster with the birthday cake...

Velosolex?! You must be heavily into French vehicles of all kinds! It has been a long time since I saw one on the road...

I have sent you a PM about the driveshaft.

Have you tried your local prop shaft reconditioner, they may have a suitable boot. Mine charges £25 to supply and fit 2 boots for my GTL and R5.

Back