Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

email to the french embassy (tourist-board)

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Seeing the Parisian mayor has put what seems an Totalitarian -BAN on older cars,what the heck
can we do?? I know ther's an opening of sort for owners of totally original cars reg's as collector-
cars to slide through,but how many on here can get a "paper" saying their car is tot.original??
-Not me!
and even worse-Who will let same authorities decide you are only allowed to use your can for say
3000km's a friggin' year??
Again-Not me!

I know -the easy thing would be to roll over onto our backs and surrender to this stupidity...
but will we? Sink without a trace?

We've made numerous friends both in Paris and all over France ,usually starts with someone
thinking we're completely mad driving a 4L from Norway..but they all seems to Love it and we
have ended up with a good passiar or longterm friendships. I know we can still drive around
rest of France,but simple-minded politicians only need a little-finger to soon eat us all alive..
What will be the next city ? bets anyone?

I have sent off an email to the french embassy in Norway asking them to relay it to the tourist
authorities in Paris. where I bid them farewell and let them know I now must find other countries
to spend my money in from here on

I urge all of you (if you agree)to get in touch with your embassy Tout-suite and let them know
your opinion on this SAD SAD stuff.

OF course
they sell this p.c decisison in as "green/sustainability/nature/environment-Blah blah blah"
so how can they allow their own worn-out diesel-stinking communal service-vehicles a carte-
blanc to still operate ??

Hot as hell here today-not sure if that caused me to boil over,but think not -Reid
to operate??

I read about this ban in last month's issue of Gazoline and it shocked me. Numerous classic car owners have joined a protest movement named "Touche pas a mon ancienne", but it didn't seem to change Paris mayor's decision. She is even thinking about further measures in the future, that is, by year 2020, all vehicles built before 2011 will be classed as "obsolete", "polluting" and such, and will not be able to enter Paris!

What frightens me is that, in the future, many other European city authorities can think of "if it's good for Paris, it will surely be good for us, too".

I think that no such prohibitions are necessary to lower traffic or pollution in a big city; instead, one should make the daily car user feel "stupid" for choosing the car, when there are more efficient ways to move around, like subway/bus network, cyclist-friendly environment and so on. Ironically, Paris has all of these features, I think-or have things changed that much since ten years ago, when I last visited it?

Hi Angel! we've already seen several cities in Germany implementing this "Green-Sticker" What it means is that you have to
have an approved (sc Zero-emmision)=Zero fun?car and display a sticker with VIN-number etc in the window at all times or
you will get fined and/or towed or clamped : My guess? It's those VW-criminals (and poss the rest of the Germ car-industry)
leaning hard as they can in their one size to small shiny plasticy Hugo Boss-suits on rubbish politicians to persuade public to
buy new shiny but shitty hoax-"people carriers" (I Hate the shear concept of it)

You probably already know the politisc in Japan with ever increasing MOT-demands ,at shorter and shorter intervals,to force
the public into submission and buy into Yet another ToyoPuke/NissHybris/MitsuBitch/IzuYawn-whatever..

Yes-I know I'm paranoid,but that doesn't mean they are Not out to get me...:dontknow:

We're probably all f***** but I'm not taking it laying down..:fighting: -Thinking of relocating to North Korea as I gather they don't
give a rats ass what car you drive ,long as you swear to unconditionally love the divine heavenly leader Uh-Same as here...
-and I hear they have cheap petrol and no queus at service-stations either..and those long empty straight boulevards -Yess!!
-Reid

Back