Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Engine Upgrade

JohninColombia

Enthusiast
I’m having my engine upgraded next week.
The mechanic says the dealer has a kit to take it from 1100 CC to 1400 CC.
New pistons and sleeves and all.
Have you guys in eastern part of the world been doing this.
And if so how big of a CC boost do you do?
Thanks John
:rolleyes:

measurement reflecting

It would be great.
I have a 956cc engine, and would be quite easy to change it to a 1108 one, cause it is sufficient to improve the bore (and skim the head, Angel said).
To change one of these engines to a classic r5 1397 the problem is the cylinder height (is it the exact term? maybe "stroke"?), that should grow from 72mm to 77mm...
Maybe it is possible to have a 74mm bore and achieve a c3g engine, the 1239cc one that was mounted on early twingos... But I do not know how it will work...
If you are thinking about a different way, let us know, it sounds interesting...

Last edited:
Hi John

It is possible that Chassis' may once again be built in Europe. About two years ago there was much discussion on the forum and we thought they were in production in Columbia. Can you phone your local dealer and see, please... He could make a fortune exporting a consignment now!

It would be nice to know!

I doubt he can do this on the original 1108 block. Apart for the stroke being longer, as Andrea said, the liner locating bores are different and I think have different spacing. Except if the "Colombian" 1108 is different (a dowsized 1397).

Wow. It seems I am becoming an expert, after all this search on google and asking a lot of boring questions on forums...

Back