Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Eventually getting the F6 on the road.

Bobble

Enthusiast
van.2.jpg van.3.jpg van.4.jpg
Well after buying this nearly 4 years ago and putting it at the back of my storage i've eventually taken in out and starting to get it back on the road.
I did'nt get the V5 when i bought it because the guy had misplaced it but when i got the V5 found that he was the only owner. I think the van had been used as a chicken hut (towards the end of it's life for the owner anyway) and as you can image full of Cr---p but after cleaning it all out found that the floor to be pretty good, so it's not going to be a total strip down because it really does'nt need it, one small patch will be needed behind the the drivers seat and the rest is very good.
The wings were solid but dented so will have to be replaced and the doors also, the engine is seized so will be replaced with another that i have ( from another F6 i have ) which i will use bits off that, then evenually hope to get that one back on the road in the future, anyway will update as i go along.

Congrats! The body is fine no rust at all....best wishez in your project!

Last edited:
van.5.jpg van.7.jpg van.8.jpg
Well it's going well so far, wings off, knackered engine out ( i'll sort that out later ) cleaned and pressure washed the engine
bay and wow that was a surprise, it looks very good, no nasty surprises there.

It seems to be in very good condition, in France most of the F6 are usually completely rusted and KO, the restoration of yours should be very easy :D

Thanks, i do prefer the F4 like yours, you've made a really nice job and you must be very pleased with it. The F6 is good, better than expected, :) but i'm doing very similar to what you did with yours not totally stripping, ( it does'nt really need it ) just to get in a good useable van.
Starting cleaning the underside today and to my surprise and pleasure " there's still paint on the underneath" :D just a couple of small holes, which is to be expected.van.9.jpg

Well i've gradually been getting on with a few tedious jobs and it's slowly coming together, did the small amount of welding that was required,
sound proofed the engine bay, replaced all the ball joints upper and lower, track rod ends, link pins, anti roll bar bushes, front shock absorbers and with a bit of luck engine will be in tomorrow.:)

van.12.jpgvan.13.jpgvan.14.jpgvan.15.jpg

It's been a good day got on very well, engine in and most things hooked up, the exhaust heat deflector under the front
wing was virtually none existent so i had to make another one before putting the exhaust on, also managed to get one wing
fitted "cleaned and under sealed it before fitting" F1 tomorrow and visitors so not much will be done.:(

.van.17.jpgvan.19.jpgvan.18.jpg

van.20.jpg van.23.jpg van.24.jpg van.25.jpg
Still plodding along slowly, got a few more little jobs done, finished putting the rest of the soundproofing on the inside now, dashboard in and parcel shelves as well.
New discs and calipers on and now it can sit on it's own wheels at last.
straightened and repaired the tool box frame and lid, fixed in and all painted.

Holiday over so time to get on with a bit now, would like it finished by the end of the month :) anyway got a bit more done
yesterday and today, primed and painted inside the front wings and door frames and should be able to put the doors back
on tomorrow :D

van.31.jpg van.32.jpg van.33.jpg

hi, yes i'm quite fortunate to have a large garage where i do all my own repairs, but the only thing i don't have is a ramp
which would be very useful sometimes.

Still pressing on and eventually getting there, should be ready for respraying at the weekend subject to warm weather :)
also fitted new radiator and fired her up and she's running sweet, just new hand brake cables to fit and bleed the brakes.

van.34.jpg van.35.jpg van.36.jpg van.37.jpg van.38.jpg

Been a bit slow at the moment, other things have had priority, anyway nearly at the finishing post, the last few days of nice weather has allowed me
to get it painted and start putting things back together ready for the mot next week "i hope" rear brakes and bearings that were ordered turned out
to be the wrong ones so had to wait for the right ones :( but they are all fitted and when trying to bleed the brakes found that the master cylinder
is not working now :mad: but ones ordered, so while waiting for that to arrive find out the mystery of why the lights and horn does'nt work ???? van.39.jpg van.40.jpg van.41.jpg

Well done bobble looks very strange seeing the alloy grille on a later van
you haven't mentioned anything about your latest acquisition can't wait to see what you do with that trust you had a safe journey home
20140624_125112.jpghope it wasn't supposed to be a secret as there are no secrets on the Internet

Hi Paul, yes i was swithering about what type of grille to put on so i thought i'd try this one first.
Got back with no problems, not had chance to have a good look a the other one yet but what i have seen does'nt seem to be that much of a problem, just time and a little patient and it will come together.
I never expect to keep a secret on here anyway :)

Looks lovely! my favorite color too

Well that's it passed the mot.
Failed first time fuel pipe leak so back home and fixed then back again to the station and passed but with one advisory, main beam blue
light on dashboard not working doh ! other jobs i can do at my leisure like soundproofing inside the van and carpeting.

van.42.jpg van.43.jpg

Now to start the next project the silver one, refurb and repaint.

The only owner it's had apart from me lived in Moreton in the Marsh so close enough i suppose.

Back