Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Exhaust system F6 Van

hottie643

Enthusiast
Dear all,

I have an 1985 F6 van that I'm currently trying to rescue. I am seeking a full exhaust system. I have tried online automotive, et al. but they are telling me that the system is obselete.

I believe that the chassis number indicates that the system should be that from a '84 F6.

Does anybody have any bright ideas

Many thanks

hottie

I got a full system for my F6 from here only a few months ago...

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/

They couldn't quite believe what i was ordering.... £80 ish i think including fitting kit of rubber mounts and U bolts

EDIT: I see you've already tried Online. They were quite helpful with me.. And they still have it listed...

Perhaps just call back another day and try speaking to someone else. They guy i delt with was very keen to hear about my car (perhaps you got someone who wasnt particularly interested in dealing with an unusaual enquiry?), and in fact i took it down to their place local to me in northampton to show it off when we collected the pipe. They loved it!

its listed at 63.90 +vat now.

I was clearly done!

just to add that renault altered design of pipes along side of van end 84/5 ,and newer models were mounted further inboard aprox 75mm (useful when jacking car up )
renault themselves stopped production of earlier system long time ago . maybe factors have as well now
later type will fit but needs to drill holes in floorpan inwards to suit 86 on system
also LHD cars had side exit system if you end up buying abroad

glad my earlier research was of use to you steve C

paul

Made several phone calls to online automotive, although the system is shown on their website they are adament that they no longer stock the parts.
Have contacted my local bosal stockist they are also suggesting that they cannot get hold of the parts. It is mainly the silencer that I am after, does anyone have any further suggestions? Otherwise I am thinking that I will have to go down the stainless route (thanks Steve!).

Many thanks
Hottie

dont forget saloon chassis is shorter than f6 van
have you not got a local Partco as a Unipart system was definitly available recently from them also if you ask for later 86 on system it may help
if you visit reno4er site in germany there are photos of loads on there try google translator on it to help you unless you are multilingual

i will also need to get a complete system for matts (Mguez) F6 van soon as bandage wont last forevever !!!!
good luck from me too

R4 F6 Exhaust

Hi there,if your still looking for a system for your van call Glyn Jones on 0113 2842084,he has em in stock for £50 + 15 p&p,hope this helps.

Does anyone know where i can get a silencer for our F4 van,i think its been "bastardised" in the past as the one thats on it isnt the one thats described in the manuals or catalogues.The type i'm after is the one with the outlet dropping down at a 90 degree angle towards the ground and not straight out towards the rear of the box.Cheers.Andy.

I think that this is a R5 silencer, next time you go to the parts shop ask them for that.

Back