Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

F6 needed a break

Bobble

Enthusiast
We were off to Scotland after Boxing day and guess what ? for the first time since it's been on the road the F6 would not start tried various things ( as you do ) but still no go but we did'nt have enough time
to go into it to much so had to take an R5 which we've only had a month so it was throw everything in the R5 including various spares for different people and off we went, well it went like a dream but only
travelling at around 60 mph, we stopped at Perth ( some spares delivered ) and then on to the inlaws
for a couple of days and then up to Orkney ( yes again, we like it there ) and to see Stan ( Hi Stan )
and had a great time and we had a picnic on the beach on new years day a little windy but very nice
5 day break then back home on Saturday, anyway we just over 1500 miles and did 45 mpg on the
way up there loaded and 54 mpg on the way back empty :o but we did travel non stop from Orkney
which took us 14 hrs stopping a couple of times for nourishment.

Now back to reality and see what's wrong with the F6.IMG_0070[1].JPG IMG_0075[1].JPG IMG_0060[1].JPG IMG_0061[1].JPG IMG_0007[1].JPG

Maybe it was "downhill" when you were heading home so spent less fuel :D

But really nice drive for you and your beautiful R5

Well done, it's good to hear you got back with no hassles and thanks again for taking up my bits.
Cheers Stan.

I used to get 40mpg thrashing the nuts off the R5 - I'm surprised you didn't get more out of it. :whistle: The R5 seems to be one of those cars that keeps on going without needing any work.

I wonder if the F6 starting fault is the caused by the same thing that was making it miss a bit. The rotor arm I sent up to try is a Ducellier. Just in case yours is an SEV...

My F4 has an MOT. Thank's for fixing that.

Here's another photo of the R5:
20141015_123638.jpg:clapping:

Could be Petak also with the wind behind me :)

It was a pleasure Stan and nice to meet up again probably back again at Easter :clapping:

That's a good mascot but surely it would obscure you vision ?
Glad to hear that the F4 went through the mot ok and happy to help, hav'nt had chance to look at the F6 yet but will before
the weekend, happy with the R5 brings back memories of my sons first one which he still has and wants to get back on the road
"another job for me i guess"

My Monaco get over 50mpg on a run, worst though is going to and fro to my workshop, I get about 22 then!

I Think it's going up the huge Hill outside my door that hurts!

No :confused: checked everything even put new points, plugs, dizzy cap, leads, condenser, different coil but maybe think it's something to do with the electronic ignition as it sparks in the dizzy cap when put on electronic mode and flick the points but does not when in points mode, it sparks at the points then as it should ?

20130815_144723.jpg 20130815_144705.jpg 20130815_144705.jpg 20130815_144723.jpg Snap! I'm lucky enough to have one too. Haven't driven it for two years. It's in a friend's barn. Less than 16k miles, but one rear quarter panel has rusted under the window. Anyone else have this problem? Is it difficult to repair? I'd love to get it back on the road. Here are some pics

It's fixable. Remove the window and the interior trim panel, cut out the rusty metal and weld new metal in. I did that to the inside part of Bobble's R5 but didn't take any pictures. It only took a couple of hours (but I wasn't very neat).

Does sound like it might be to do with the electric ignition Bobble. Have you tried bypassing it altogether?

You did a good job Malcolm, it does't leak and no one looks on the inside anyway, got the F6 going again it was the dizzy cap,
it was cracked and the spark was going around the inside of the cap (never seen that before) like a continuous circle but still
sparking at the plugs :confused: so could not understand why it would not start.

It's fixable. Remove the window and the interior trim panel, cut out the rusty metal and weld new metal in. I did that to the inside part of Bobble's R5 but didn't take any pictures. It only took a couple of hours (but I wasn't very neat).

Does sound like it might be to do with the electric ignition Bobble. Have you tried bypassing it altogether?

Thanks for the advice, Malcolm! I'll do that. I loved driving it but everyone else hated going in that car. Anyway, I don't care. With that economy it would be crazy not to use it. I'll let you know how I get on. Best of luck with finishing your TX. You're doing a fantastic job. Simon.

Back