Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Femsa dizzy

patrick mccallin

Just joined so hope this message is sent!
I am thinking of changing my femsa for a 123 electronic unit, am fed up paying towage fees!
Can anyone offer advice on the drive unit on the femsa and will the 123 accommodate the change.
On a different subject yesterday I had a front end bump which will probably require a fresh bonnet, on looking on the Der Franzose sight there are two choices but they both seem to have an indent top where as mine is almost flat? Any suggestions please, Patrick

Patrick, next Thursday I'll have my 1-2-3 unit fitted to my GTL, replacing a Ducellier. As a lot of people here have been advocating to replace the Femsa units with Ducelliers, I don't see why it shouldn't fit your car if it is a GTL (1.1l) too. You can look up the motorcodes the 1-2-3 is suitable for.
Robert

No problems fitting a 123 unit in any of the Cleon engines.
The 845 wil not take a 123 unit without some modifications.

I'm running a 123 for about six months now on a 956 Cleon. It runs very smooth even in high gears at low speed.
The hight of the distributercap is no objection.

Patrick, I had my 1-2-3 fitted last week, and it's an absolute joy to drive since. Probably the issues that have been remedied by the exchange were due to a wonky electrical setup that any good dizzy would have cured, but you'd need to get one first.
So ... I got the 1-2-3, Bosch blue coil and new ignition cables from Leen APK. The setup was very quick and is well described in the manual.

The car now idles very smoothly, starts "au quart tour" hot or cold, and feels much more agile than before. From the start, it had been plagued by hesitant accelleration and slow top speed. It's a zippy little runabout now, just as I had hoped when I got a GTL first. It looks as if fuel consumption has come down too, but I'll need to watch that closely first before I can reach a final verdict.

Robert

Back