Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fibre glass inner wings(Again)

Gordies

Enthusiast
Hello. I know this is going back a number of years. Did anyone get round to manufacturing replacement inner wings wether it be in steel or fibreglass . If so could some one point me in the right direction. Would prefer not to just replace inner wing rail.
Thank you

Hi Gordies
I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a garage breaking an R4 in Shotts. It's eBay #152198347890; it's hard to tell from the photo what the inner wings are like, but it might be worth investigating.

Thank you for the reply. I've seen alot worse. It was to make life easier when putting car back together. Better to bolt on better ones rather than start welding, again. Also thank you for letting me know about the beaker I'll look into this

I have a pair of relatively rust free inner wings sat on the roof of my workshop.

£100 each.

On 2nd thoughts I'd take both. Do you think they would need any welding? Or just treatment & paint? Regards

On 2nd thoughts I'd take both. Do you think they would need any welding? Or just treatment & paint? Regards
I'll get them down out of my rafters and take some photos. Pretty sure they're damm solid. But don't hold me to that. I bought them for a project from a chap in France, so they're pretty rust free.

Gordies

Someone on here may value your old inner wings if they can weld . So it maybe worthwhile offering them for sale if you go for Peppers ones

Overhere you can get 4x wings (aluminium or steel I think..havent unpacked them) for 64 £ per end. You have to drill the mounting holes yourself though.

20170204_201422_HDR.jpg

• 20170204_201409_HDR.jpg
    20170204_201409_HDR.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170204_201331_HDR.jpg
    20170204_201331_HDR.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170204_201317_HDR.jpg
    20170204_201317_HDR.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 2
There you go, they have surface rust, with a small amount of rusting along the outer wing mounts, but they are whole and in good overall condition.

Ah its that sort of inner wings :) I thought about arch liners for keeping out dirt/water/salt from the arches. Sorry :)

Pepper:
Still aluminium or steel, still around 64 £ per end (2 pieces) + delivery at stony3@mail.dk :)
And you have to drill any holes yourself as the company who makes them has a new owner which apparently cant use a drill ;)
I'll post some pictures of them when the weather and temperature improves :)

Back