Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Finally found my first 4!

SteveC

MrToureteMasterSignwriter
Equidistant between Beaconsfield and Marlow (....High Wycombe )
Nearly a year has passed now since i was in Portugal with some friends for a bit of a boys drinking holiday and a few of us were so taken with the idea of a Renault 4 that we decided to get one.

Anyway. We have it.

Its a 1985 F6 and its in fantastic condition. Its been bought between three of us and were all proper chuffed with it.

Anyway, I guess in the coming weeks and months Ill have all sorts of questions to put to you lot. In the mean time, here are a couple of pics of it taken yesterday.

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg

There are loads of fantastic details, all the original underbonnet stickers appear to be intact, there is even a sticker at the top of the B pillar inside put there by a company that replaced the exhaust.... in 1987!

It does look neat - none of the rusty bits and big dents like I had on my old van. But you haven't got fed up with it already have you? I notice it's for sale on eBay at the moment.

It does look neat - none of the rusty bits and big dents like I had on my old van. But you haven't got fed up with it already have you? I notice it's for sale on eBay at the moment.

No, the seller should probably have taken the ad down by now... It was 'advertised elsewhere...' and i brought it home last night.

Though it might be interesting to see what happens to the auction...

There was another similar, but much tattier one for sale in Kings Lynn the week before that would have got my attention hed it not been for this one, i wonder what will come of that one.

Only 60k.

A little bit of rot at the front of the near side front wing but other than that its sound.

Back