Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fitting an electric toit panoramique

iwantatwingo

Hi

I have a 1996 Classic Twingo. It does not currently had a sun roof but I am hoping to fit one.

Traditionally this age of Twingo would have the manual roof but I am hoping to fit the electric glass one.

Do I assume correctly that the roof is the same size and shape on earlier and later models, so a 2002 roof will fit a 1996 car. Does anyone have any experience of the fitting with regard to the electrics? I assume the open and close switch is up by the rearview mirror. My 1996 currently has the sensor for the central locking and the central locking button. I assume this panel will need to be changed to a sun roof control panel but will my central locking still be usable via the button on the key.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
www.iwantatwingo.co.uk

From having owned both roofs, I'd get the manual fabric roof if you can, it'll be easier to fit and is a far better roof to own, the panoramic roof isn't a patch (get it) on the fabric roof!

Do you have all the panoramic roof already? If so I'd be finding the car and putting them side by side and not getting rid of the car you;re taking the roof from until everything works!

Good luck, let us know how it goes :)

Back