Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Free? Abandoned R4 Savanne for a brave man

politeperson

The restorator
Yesterday I spotted this at a service station North of Paris. It is from along way away (anyone recogise the plates?) and looks like is has been abandoned.

Smashed glass, bent drivers door, bonnet ripped off. Probably engine problems. Complete and pretty solid however. I did not get down on my hands and knees.

Very much abandoned, cost of removing it by the French authorities will exceed its value by some margin.

I reckon only a few days left before the crusher.

It is a late 956cc Savanne.

It has the bit i need to perfect my LHD TL which is the drivers seat. My car was missing it and this car has the correct TL seat in the correct colour year and condition (circa 1991)!

I though long and hard about whether to pinch the seat, but having a clear conscience, no tools and a car full of children, wife and luggage i wimped out. Oh for a 10mm socket on a ratchet.

It was still there when we left at 4 pm yesterday so someone on the forum might be tempted.

It is here, near Saint Quentin on the A26 E17 (North West bound) 02690 , outside Urvillers, France.

Good Luck and let me know if you are successfull.

• Photo0211.jpg
    Photo0211.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 532
  • Photo0210.jpg
    Photo0210.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 530
  • Photo0213.jpg
    Photo0213.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 534
  • Photo0209.jpg
    Photo0209.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 529
i would say a victim of a joyrider is more likely, shame since she looks in good shape,

It uses the exact same colours as an old Belgian plate, but the typeface is distinctively French. The number doesn't fit any format I've seen, though. It could be a temporary export plate, but I can't imagine a collector going to the trouble of preparing it for export and then abandoning it at a service station. Maybe as you say Eoynteenie, it was taken by a joyrider.

Is that the bonnet wedged underneath?

Bonnet

It was the Bonnet wedged underneath.

front wheel has a flat spot.

As I can remember from my vacation time at the croatian see. It looks like belgian or danish.
But they're a little bit different, so I did a little bit of google and found this site: European number plates .

Come on!

Someone must want these the car or these bits,

Otherwise I shall book a £42 day return, get their by 10am, pinch the bits I want and then come back for tea!

Someone must want these the car or these bits,

Otherwise I shall book a £42 day return, get their by 10am, pinch the bits I want and then come back for tea!
I am too far to rob that car, ut if you proceed and do not need them for yourself, I will definitely buy the headrests... and their mountings. Let me know.

grand windscreen on it I need one. pull up there some night with a trailer and lift it. I'd say it has a date with the crusher now alright.

It looks like the Portuguese plates up to 1992 except that it should have two letters to start with, not just the Z.

Nothing like the Portuguese plates:

Portugallicenseplate.jpg

:D

Well have you any better suggestions? There are not many registrations that are hyphenated with a format of XX-00-00. Which is what your photo shows. But the scrap car has one letter not two. Which is what I said.

Could they have been Belgian Transit / Export plates maybe?

Back in the early 2000's when personally importing cars was popular I remember seeing a fair number of Transits that had come from Belgium wearing something similar.

Well have you any better suggestions? There are not many registrations that are hyphenated with a format of XX-00-00. Which is what your photo shows. But the scrap car has one letter not two. Which is what I said.

Oh you were talking about the format i'm sorry i was thinking you refered the appearance.

My Bad:D

Back