Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

French CT?

angel

Enthusiast
I may be a little off-topic, but since there are many people here that live in France,and/or have experience with the french CT, I would like someone to list the basic check points of the Controle Technique. I have to prepare a car (it's a Kia Sephia, if it does matter...) in order to change from greek plates to french ones, and obviously it has to pass the CT there.
Any help appreciated! (if the thread does not fit here, move it to where it would be better).

French CT.

Documents.
You will need to show the tester the Greek log book & a certificate of European conformity best obtained from the Kia importers in France. This will cost about 120 euros (average price).
The vehicle checks are similar to the UK test although things like windscreen washers and some rust are not a failure.
When you have the CT you will need a Quitas fiscal (tax excemption form) available fron your local Tresor public. There is more, if you need it let me know.

I may be a little off-topic, but since there are many people here that live in France,and/or have experience with the french CT, I would like someone to list the basic check points of the Controle Technique. I have to prepare a car (it's a Kia Sephia, if it does matter...) in order to change from greek plates to french ones, and obviously it has to pass the CT there.
Any help appreciated! (if the thread does not fit here, move it to where it would be better).

Hi,

here are the check list of the french CT, the points written in red have to be in good condition, if it's not the case, you have to pass the CT a second time after repairs.

http://www.automobile-sportive.com/technique/controle.php

Make sure you have the original size tyres and the same make on the same axle,odd tyres are not allowed here,apart from that its not all that tough,(except maybe Paris)
But you have two months to fix it if you get a contra visite.Any recomended points you do not have to do,its up to you as it is fairly expensive here for parts.

Thank you all for your replies!

I read the list, and they refer to the 3rd stop lamp. If the car was not so equipped, is it mandatory to fit it, or not? It is a 1994 model year.

This is the list for modern vehicules, naturally if yours has no third stop lamp, it's not necessary to fit .

Another example is the rear seatbelts, in France they became obligatory in 1978, so only the post-1978 vehicules must have these equipements ;)

Back