Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

gearbox o rings

jemmby

Enthusiast
I am going to renew the drive shaft oil seals and have been told that there is an internal o ring each side. Before i start, are the o rings accessable and exactly where are they in the gearbox. If they are difficult to change then it will have to be a proffesional job. Thanks to anyone who replies.

When you remove oil seal bracket (big nut where driveshaft goes into gearbox) O-ring is located on outher perimeter of this nut.
Part no is 7700532957 and it is awailable at webshops for Reanult 4. But it is plain 105x3 rubber o-ring that can be found elsewhere. I got mine at local agriculture shop among parts for tractors.

But in any case you first need to remove that big nut to change Oring and oil seal.
When taking it apart mark possition and count turns so you know how to put it back.
Turns of "nut" actually tightening bearings on gearbox final drive. They must not be lose but not to tight also.

Here are some pictures

IMG_20181129_185104.jpg
IMG_20181129_190010.jpg
IMG_20181210_190745_BURST002.jpg
IMG_20181210_190758.jpg

Well described Petak. I got the o rings and also the oil seals at a local company that supplies bearings and seals to engineering businesses and the like. All they needed were the old ones as a pattern.

When you remove oil seal bracket (big nut where driveshaft goes into gearbox) O-ring is located on outher perimeter of this nut.
Part no is 7700532957 and it is awailable at webshops for Reanult 4. But it is plain 105x3 rubber o-ring that can be found elsewhere. I got mine at local agriculture shop among parts for tractors.

But in any case you first need to remove that big nut to change Oring and oil seal.
When taking it apart mark possition and count turns so you know how to put it back.
Turns of "nut" actually tightening bearings on gearbox final drive. They must not be lose but not to tight also.

Here are some pictures

View attachment 31334
View attachment 31335
View attachment 31336
View attachment 31337
I am going to renew the drive shaft oil seals and have been told that there is an internal o ring each side. Before i start, are the o rings accessable and exactly where are they in the gearbox. If they are difficult to change then it will have to be a proffesional job. Thanks to anyone who replies.
Brilliant, thank you very much, this is a great help

Here are some pictures

View attachment 31334
View attachment 31335
View attachment 31336
View attachment 31337
Very helpful information thanks...I am just about to do this job today !

Back